Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pregnancy test results??? dont wanna believe it

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seaweed wrote: »
    I didnt like the thought of a doc doing a V.E suzy and do you think im within my right to refuse someone doing that to her on a first appointment.
    I think it's highly unlikely that they'll do a VE, in my experience doctors tried to avoid doing them unless it was really unavoidable. The first time anyone looking at my fanjita was when I was a week overdue and by that stage I'd of flashed it at the postman if he could've got the baby out!

But yeah, if the doctor wants to do one your girlfriend is entitled to refuse, she doesnt have to do anything she doesnt want to.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Glittery wrote: »
    I think it's highly unlikely that they'll do a VE, in my experience doctors tried to avoid doing them unless it was really unavoidable.

I really didnt know this, she just went right ahead! Bloody charming!
  • Options
    I didnt like the thought of a doc doing a V.E suzy and do you think im within my right to refuse someone doing that to her on a first appointment.

I dont think YOU are within your rights to refuse the doctor doing one on HER, but your girlfriend is well within her rights to refuse if she doesnt want one done, but that really should be her decsion, not yours, and with no pressure from you if possible, because there will come a time when there will be doctors or midwives pretty much looking down there from every angle. Its just one of those things. Doesnt mean she has to agree to it if theres no real reason though but with all due respect, its her decision, not yours
  • Options
    AT first it was a shock, i did start by thinking how much itll change everything and i wont be free anymore, for example we were going to book a fortnight in the maldives next weekend for november and thats all i been thinking off, i been worrying about money, and thinking i need to get a car e.t.c but after it sunk in, im thinking how great it will be to be a family.

My girlfriend is scared a bit, its bad timing for us, both just started new better jobs! and shes woried about the pain and everything. im 24 and shes 22 so in one sense itll be better for our kids to have younger parents but we would of wanted to do a lot more travelling together first!

Were waiting to do another test at the weekend, then obviosly book a docs app after that.

When I first got pregnant, I was shocked, and didnt think it was the right time - just left college, my boyfriend supported me and said it is the right time, and now I've got a 7 week old girl and I wouldnt change her for the world, you'll love being a parent:)

The first V.E I got I was in labour.
  • Options
    I dont think YOU are within your rights to refuse the doctor doing one on HER, but your girlfriend is well within her rights to refuse if she doesnt want one done, but that really should be her decsion, not yours, and with no pressure from you if possible, because there will come a time when there will be doctors or midwives pretty much looking down there from every angle. Its just one of those things. Doesnt mean she has to agree to it if theres no real reason though but with all due respect, its her decision, not yours

Yes true, it is up to her! and i respect you to speak your mind with me if im wrong i just wanted to know there was a valid reason for it otherwise i dont see the point?

I just find it hard to accept some bloke doing that to her if im totally honest (my problem right) and your right ill let her decide. thats why i thought if there was alternative ways to ascertain what they need to know we could opt for that!

I definately wouldnt put her under no pressure, and if she goes to see a gynacologist for a general check up (which shes said she will do) then thats fine, but you do hear some horror storys about dodgy perv doctors (unlikely i know) so thats why i was asking the proper procedure so i could see it went like that.

but believe me she wouldnt let me decide for her, also english is not her first launguage which is why i try to help her even more so and find out information prior to events whatever they may be :D
  • Options
    I just find it hard to accept some bloke doing that to her if im totally honest

Best get used to it, its something that she's going to have for the rest of her life, not just during the pregnancy. There are smear tests, fitting an IUD coil, other various examinations and obviously check-ups during pregnancy.

Doctors don't always carry out vaginal examinations but they generally only do them when they are necessary. If she is unhappy about a man carring it out she can usually ask to see a female doctor instead. Most male doctors prefer women to carry out vaginal examinations because of the modern threat of lawsuits.

Hope it all works out well for you.
  • Options
    tbh you may have heard horror stories, but they have got to be incredibly few and far between. no matter what a person looks like, there is absolutely nothing sexy or sexual about seeing genitals in a medical setting. When youve seen one youve seen them all.
  • Options
    Im probably being stupid but what is a V.E? Vaginal Examination?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Best get used to it, its something that she's going to have for the rest of her life, not just during the pregnancy. There are smear tests, fitting an IUD coil, other various examinations and obviously check-ups during pregnancy.

Doctors don't always carry out vaginal examinations but they generally only do them when they are necessary. If she is unhappy about a man carring it out she can usually ask to see a female doctor instead. Most male doctors prefer women to carry out vaginal examinations because of the modern threat of lawsuits.

Hope it all works out well for you.

Thanks
    SuzyCreamcheese tbh you may have heard horror stories, but they have got to be incredibly few and far between. no matter what a person looks like, there is absolutely nothing sexy or sexual about seeing genitals in a medical setting. When youve seen one youve seen them all.

true

:thumb:
  • Options
    When I was pregnant I didn't have a V.E up until I was in labour and they needed to see how dilated I was. By this point you don't really give a crap who's poking about inside you, you want to get it over with!

As for worrying about the pain, it's not THAT bad. There are alot of pain relief options and I believe if she wants an epidural she won't feel a thing.
  • Options
    Congratulations :D

As everyone has said, it's a scary thing but a wonderful thing to become a parent. I was 21 when I had my daughters and a lot of people were freaked out about it (not least, me :razz:) but I can't imagine life any other way. It's the best! :D

As for the vaginal exam, it's nothing. I had quite a few for various reasons and it was all very professional, done very quickly and inconspicuously (well as inconspicuously as possible, haha!)
  • Options
    Ah Thanks everyone, for putting my mind at rest!

The initial shock and fear has turned to excitment and happiness and ill pop down the docs tomorrow after work to book an appointment as shes not got a gp at the moment :)

Just hope everything goes well during the next 9 months with everything.
  • Options
    honestly i'm beginning to think that just randomly having a baby during your 20's is the best thing to do - because you undoubtedly will be over the moon about it in the long run and you don't have to do the scary thing of deciding plan to hve a baby.........
  • Options
    Just do it Steph!!!!
  • Options
    hummmmmm
  • Options
    WE got a £5 test from superdrug and it gave us two lines in the result!

Do you think this is definate or should i buy a higher priced test...

Hiya hun i think you should goto your doctors they can confirm if your pregnant with a wee sample and its free and 100% accurate,:)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    hummmmmm

tsk, ive got loads of em, and im still alive!!
  • Options
    tsk, ive got loads of em, and im still alive!!

I know but i don't really like children and i will have to give up my lifestyle and my job (or if i stay in it i will have to feel like i'm constantly not pulling my weight) and all my friends will be nice to me but secretly they will snipe about me behind my back about having terrible children and always having to make allowances for them.

But i guess watch this space or something - cos i've only got 4 years left till i'm a gereatric mother (which is so wrong because inside i'm still 15)