Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Speaker's personal aide quits after lies

Story.

What a surprise, eh, a Labour MP being as bent as a nine bob note. Another corrupt fucker sucking at the public tit whilst our tax bills go through the roof.

Time to get rid of the whole lot. He should be sacked, and if the current rules prohbit sacking, the rules should be changed.

The question now is whether there is a single honest Labour politician left in the country. I really don't think there is.

So much for "holding your nose" to keep the other parties out. Anyone who's ever voted for Labour voted for this: I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I refuse to vote ever again ...i made this statement on here about four years ago ...i've stuck with it.
    I really can't wait to see Labour being annihilated at the next General Election. Unfortunately, we then face another problem. One dead horse of a political party is being replaced by another dead horse of a political party. In a nutshell - we're fucked.

By the way, any politician who campaigns on a "we're all fucked no matter who gets into power" ticket has my vote. At least they're being honest, which is more than most of them are.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I really can't wait to see Labour being annihilated at the next General Election.

By who? The Conservatives are barely ahead in the opinion polls and they have to be way ahead before they can mount any sort of serious opposition. And the Lib Dems, well......
    By who? The Conservatives are barely ahead in the opinion polls and they have to be way ahead before they can mount any sort of serious opposition. And the Lib Dems, well......
    Exactly. As I said, no matter who gets in, we are all well and truly fucked. No wonder Britain has such a high emigration rate - why any immigrant would want to come and live in this dump is beyond me.
    why any immigrant would want to come and live in this dump is beyond me.
    until you have done a bit of travelling it will always be beyond you.
    You still live in a relatively free land with endless opportunity good quality water and a multitude of other services and luxuries ...so shut the fuck up winging.
    until you have done a bit of travelling it will always be beyond you.
    You still live in a relatively free land with endless opportunity good quality water and a multitude of other services and luxuries ...so shut the fuck up winging.
    Bit of an odd statement from someone who never stops telling us that the world's about to end.
    I don't think it's a lot better (or worse) in most other democracies. In France fascists make it to the second round of a general election. In Italy the corruption and continuous chaos for more than half a century makes Britain seem a paradise of harmony and transparency. In Spain the wounds of the Civil War still divide much of the population into 'us' and 'them' and the main oposition party still have members who thought Franco was a nice chap. In America the current President almost certainly did not win his first election but cheated his way into power... etc etc.

I would agree that at the moment a lot of politicians here appear to be on the take and corrupt as fuck. But could it be because here there is at least an attempt to check on them? I certainly don't recall many parliamentary bodies in Spain that scrutinise MPs expenses. Nobody questions how many Jags MPs own or what freebies they use. It's kind of assumed they'll do as they please.

Where would you go anyway that is less of a 'dump'? Most other countries in Europe hear very similar cries of the country 'going to the dogs', too much immigration overwhelming the nation's services and so on. A different matter on weather, food and quality of life though. I'd say a few other countries have it better. But then Britain would have other advantages over those nations. I guess it depends what you consider most important.
    Bit of an odd statement from someone who never stops telling us that the world's about to end.

He is right though. You have no idea how fortunate you are to live in the UK.
    Can you please point me to a single post where i have said such a thing ...no i thought not.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Story.
    Anyone who's ever voted for Labour voted for this: I hope you're proud of yourselves.

A bit harsh Kermit, I would have thought a lot of people who voted the Tories out in 97 and chose Labour did so because of perceived corruption and sleaze surrounding the Tories. Unfortunately I struggle to find a party whose valuesand politicians I truly admire, these days it tends to lesser of evils.