Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Problem with Car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

As some of you may be aware from a previous thread my car caught fire in early Jan. Basically I'm still trying to argue with the company, however I seem to have hit a brick wall and I'm looking for some advice.

The company have acepted responsibility for the fire, and have offered me a brand new car, same spec as the other one. However I have a very nervous personality and I wouldn't be able to get in the same car again. So I have asked would it be possible to upgrade (I would pay the difference) or for them to write off the remaining finance so I can go elsewhere.

They have said that they wont write off the finace and my only options are to

a, have the same car
b, have the car i want to upgrade to but will take 4 months to come in, so they want their curtisy car back as soon as its ordered, or
c, have an upgraded car that I dont want and that doesnt come with the specification I want.

I was willling to upgrade at the start, however it has now been over 7 weeks and I'm not happy with the customer service provided by this particular company, so I want to get out of there and get a different car. Basically I dont no how to do this, or how I stand on the matter, everytime I try to speak to the company they keep trying to fob me off with option c, which I really dont want.

Any advice would be great,

thanks

em

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Either of options A or B seems suitable to me. They can't really be responsible for your personality.

C is a crock, unless they are giving you the upgrades for free.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru