Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Texting ex's

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    g_angel wrote: »
    Hey - so how did you originally find out he was texting his ex and deleting the messages?????????????

stop being a wind up merchant!:lol:
    Lankygirl wrote: »
    stop being a wind up merchant!:lol:

I'm just curious as it could lend a slightly different angle on the 'complete trust' thing. Oh... and she's avoided the question twice now... Just got me ears pricked up ;)

It's good to know as much as you can, eh? :)
    true say on the question avoidance thing...
    Yeah, it must have been some serious digging on his phone, as opposed to a casual glance through, in order to figure something like that out...! Well, to my mind it would, anyway. Certainly WAY beyond 'normal' (not that there is a normal when it comes to going through phones).
    I'm just curious as it could lend a slightly different angle on the 'complete trust' thing. Oh... and she's avoided the question twice now... Just got me ears pricked up ;)

It's good to know as much as you can, eh? :)

I haven't avoided the question, just your posts as they aren't linked to the original topic, not meaning to be rude but could you please take this somewhere else, it's a bit annoying having to go through all your posts to get to some which are actually helpful.

Anyway, I can't remember exactly, I think it said a text had been sent at a certain time/date, I looked in the outbox and there was no text sent then, I just asked why he had deleted this then he said he'd been texting her.

I know your gonna say that doesn't sound like a trusting relationship, and I don't normally look that closely, but things had been a bit off with us for a couple of weeks before then and I just had a bad feeling about it, make of it what you will though I can predict exactly what you're going to say.
    Yeah, it must have been some serious digging on his phone, as opposed to a casual glance through, in order to figure something like that out...! Well, to my mind it would, anyway. Certainly WAY beyond 'normal' (not that there is a normal when it comes to going through phones).

In your opinion. I don't want to be rude but you have given your opinon, and we're not going to agree on this so do you have to keep going on and on. All I wanted to know if people thought it was odd he was deleting these texts, I don't really care what you think of us looking through each others phones, that's not really what i'm asking about.
    lexilex wrote: »
    I haven't avoided the question, just your posts as they aren't linked to the original topic, not meaning to be rude but could you please take this somewhere else, it's a bit annoying having to go through all your posts to get to some which are actually helpful.

Anyway, I can't remember exactly, I think it said a text had been sent at a certain time/date, I looked in the outbox and there was no text sent then, I just asked why he had deleted this then he said he'd been texting her.

I know your gonna say that doesn't sound like a trusting relationship, and I don't normally look that closely, but things had been a bit off with us for a couple of weeks before then and I just had a bad feeling about it, make of it what you will.

It was a completely valid question, and a moderator was happy enough it hadn't gone off topic (apart from the comment which she highlighted, which was fair enough).

Either way, I asked you the question in my first post. Not easy to see. :yeees:
    And I was answering other peoples questions at the same, it was not avoided at all, just missed, not big deal.
    In your opinion. I don't want to be rude but you have given your opinon, and we're not going to agree on this so do you have to keep going on and on. All I wanted to know if people thought it was odd he was deleting these texts, I don't really care what you think of us looking through each others phones, that's not really what i'm asking about.

Yes I did have to go on and on, as the thread had proceeded.

I still think your 'looking at his phone' is borderline scary, and is not trust in the slightest - more like keeping exact records! But I was right - you were doing some serious digging, which is not normal.

Ah well. Not important to me in the end. You carry on. It's not me who now doesn't trust their boyfriend. :eek2:
    And I was answering other peoples questions at the same, it was not avoided at all, just missed, not big deal.

Nope - you've answered it now, and I was right. All done :)
    Thanks for that really helpful advice.
    I know your gonna say that doesn't sound like a trusting relationship, and I don't normally look that closely, but things had been a bit off with us for a couple of weeks before then and I just had a bad feeling about it, make of it what you will.

So................. you didn't trust him. Yes, quite predictable.
    Nope - you've answered it now, and I was right. All done :)

:thumb:

I've explained the situation, it's up to you what you believe, if you think it's scary, fair enough.

Now if you've nothing else that is of any use to add to this thread do you mind leaving it. Thank you.
    :thumb:

I've explained the situation, it's up to you what you believe, if you think it's scary, fair enough.

Now if you've nothing else that is of any use to add to this thread do you mind leaving it. Thank you.

No problem :) Glad we got to the bottom of it though...
    No problem :) Glad we got to the bottom of it though...

I can tell your one of those people who once they have an opinion on something nothing is going to change it, you're always right in your help, and will force that opinion on everyone else, never seeing it from anybody elses view point.:banghead:

Anyway, last i'm saying about this.

If anyone else though can help it would be appreciated :yes: :)
    I can tell your one of those people who once they have an opinion on something nothing is going to change it, you're always right in your help, and will force that opinion on everyone else, never seeing it from anybody elses view point.:banghead:

Nah - not usually. I never force my opinion, always see and take into account the other view point, and do sometimes change it if there is suitable evidence or reasoning to show mine is inferior. Not in this case, nor Matt's.
    That's the point though, i don't want to share thigns in common with my ex and i nkow a lot fo tohers that don't too, which is why they are not friends with their exs.

Of the people that DO contact their exs, the reason they do it is because as you say, they want to share thigns in common and get a buzz out of it.

Aye. Just as you would any other friend :)
    No, not just as any other friend. Sorry, you don't speak for me.

:D

I'm just playing now ;)
    Matt, you haven't answered my question as to what's wrong with being best friends with a guy I was in love with?
    :) Hey there, issues of trust can easily escalate if you’re not careful. It's possible that he automatically said he wouldn’t contact her again to try and resolve things but in reality he may well want to stay in touch. Even if you are the most laid back person in the world it’s only natural to feel a bit jealous about exes and even if they’re continuing friendship is entirely innocent it can be hard to get your head around that. Don’t feel too bad about looking in to his mobile account but might be worth fessing up and just see if you can have a calm honest discussion about it. Let him know it’s not the action of contacting her that bothers you but it’s the secrecy about it that’s still on your mind.”
    Soz franki, i was answering it when i said this
    But there's not. We're just friends. We were friends before, we had a brief....thing....he got over it, I didn't until about a year ago, but I now have. We still get on, we still talk about random crap, I still care about him like I care about all my other friends and vice versa. There's no "agenda", I'm engaged and he's happy doing his own thing.

So why is it bad?
    But it is, because it DOES make you insecure. If you really love each other that much you would know that just because the other person is talking to someone they used to be in a relationship with doesn't mean anything is necessarily going on, they're with you for a reason and they're an ex for a reason as well. Relationships aren't all about sex and just because you used to sleep with someone and now don't doesn't mean you can't still get along with them.

And like I said before - your friends must be really different, because I know loads of people that are still good friends with people they used to be with, without any kind of hidden agenda.
    Franki wrote: »
    But it is, because it DOES make you insecure. If you really love each other that much you would know that just because the other person is talking to someone they used to be in a relationship with doesn't mean anything is necessarily going on, they're with you for a reason and they're an ex for a reason as well. Relationships aren't all about sex and just because you used to sleep with someone and now don't doesn't mean you can't still get along with them.

And like I said before - your friends must be really different, because I know loads of people that are still good friends with people they used to be with, without any kind of hidden agenda.

:yes:

I knew I wasn't strange. Sbeshul, yes ;)

I knew I wasn't strange. Sbeshul, yes ;)
    It's ok, we can be sbeshul together :p.
    Insecure in an "i love you way", it's good to be insecure/jealous sometimes, it reminds people how mucht hey love someone and care about them.

Insecure in an "I love you" way is maybe coming and putting your arm round her when you see her talking to someone good-looking.

It's NOT getting paranoid because she happens to be talking to someone she obviously has something in common with, but obviously doesn't want to BE with else she still would be. There's a difference between still caring about someone in a relationship way and still caring about them in a friendship way. You need both for a relationship to work, but if the first goes a bit awry that doesn't mean the other has to disappear.
    It's never that clear cut though.
    Why not? It can be in lots of cases.
    Franki wrote: »
    Why not? It can be in lots of cases.

Maybe, i can only speak for what i've seen.

I just know in my relationship it's deemed unacceptable for us to start contacting exs to be "friends". We care too mucha bout each other to make the opther feel a bit shitty.
    But why should the other feel shitty? Surely you both know that you love each other and wanting to be friends with an ex shouldn't change that.

Christ, Rich didn't even mind when I told him I was considering contacting one of the wankiest people I'd ever been out with. Because he knows that I love HIM and I want to be with HIM. Talking to an ex doesn't change the fact that you love each other and want to be with each other. You shouldn't NOT be friends with someone you probably have a lot in common with friendship-wise just because they're an ex.
    Emotions/feelings don't abide by morals or words, they are natural feelings. Ever ehard someone say "i know i should... but i just feel....."

but i've got no reason to contact them. the only reason i would is if i had interest in them.
    But say, in a hypothetical situation, you broke up with Claire, and you wanted to stay friends with her, would you go against that just because you thought some other girlfriend at some point down the line might not like it?

I am aware of how stupid emotions are, but surely you can both use your logic to say that you're being stupid? I do it ALL the time. I'm the QUEEN of stupid emotions, butI know when I'm being stupid and I don't let it get in the way of Rich being friends with people or going out with certain people who I may not like.
    Igf she did reply to him all the time it would mean she still does have an interest in him and that it's not completely over.

See, I thought you were getting what I was saying til you said this.

Why would it mean that? Why could it not be that she just wants to be friends with him because if you've spent that long together, obviously you're going to have SOMETHING in common?

I know that in a lot of cases there are hidden agendas, but equally in a lot of cases people just want to be friends with people who've been a big part of their lives for a long time. You don't stop caring about people just like that even if you're not in love with them or wanting to be in a relationship anymore.
This discussion has been closed.