Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

shitting myself about interview tomorrow!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i've just sent off my essay for my interview and, i'm just about to start my presentation (should take me more than another hour as it needs to only be 5 mins) but i'm really freaking out about it! i've got so much resting on me getting a place at this particular uni, i've even found the flat i want thats near by, but i'm worried that i'm not going to match up to the standard that they want....

some encouragement please!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pre presentation anxiety is very very common, you'll be very unlikely to come across even one person who's not scared prior to them!

keep in mind that all other applicants are going though the same thing as you. try get decent nights sleep preceding the event, and remember that breathing calm will often calm your mind too.

there's an interesting article about anxiety here, dont know if it'll be of much use, but it's good reading.

focus on the immediate, do your best in the interview, try to put that at the forefront of your mind, rather than the consequences.

you'll be fine :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You will be fine. Everyone get nervous about interviews, dress to kill, get there with plenty of time and sell yourself to the interviewers. Dont work yourself up by worring about what will go wrong if you dont get on the course, but concentrate on making the interviewers think you are right for the course.