Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

adele chasing pavements

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I looove this song and the music video is so clever too. Is it just me or does she sound a lot like dusty springfield in this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know but I'm hearing it in every fucking place I go to at the moment.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    And its on repeat on every radio station along with Nickleback!
    :d
    Don't usually like soul/R&B type stuff but Chasing Pavements is ace.

Speaking of Nickelback, best quote ever:

In 2003, an Internet meme known as "How You Remind Me of Someday", or "Nickelback to Back", was created to illustrate the similarities between the songs "How You Remind Me" and "Someday". The songs were edited in many ways, such as the songs being cut to match and one being louder so it sounds like they are both exactly the same.

In response, bass player Mike Kroeger said "I think that's remarkable for someone to notice that there is a hit quality. If all hits sound the same, then sorry. When you are a band that has a distinct style such as us or AC/DC, that happens. When you have a distinct style, you run the risk of sounding similar".

:D
    i came in this thread to say that its a nice song but its been worried by overplay on the radio but i've been beaten to it, i turn it over now when it comes on.

same for stickleback.
    Hometown glory was better imo
    Took me ages to really get into the song but I do like it a lot now. Shes got a very good voice, much better then Duffy's.
    She wishes she sounds like Dusty Springfield.

If you like that song then you should indulge your inner folkie a bit more, you'll probably find something that you like more. Have a listen to Eliza Carthy.