Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can't hold it in any longer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did everyone enjoy yesterdays football?

munichgallery6_280970a.jpg

:yippe:

What went wrong Ronaldo?

_44417211_ronaldo203x270.jpg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It was quite funny.

Man United mate in work is fuming, partly because they lost and partly because City respected the silence. I think he was looking forward to taking the moral high ground today :D
    Be sure to remind him about all the Man Utd fans selling their Munich rememberance packs on ebay.
    Excellent! All I want now is for Arsenal to win tonight and hopefully win the title.

Fergie was moaning because most of his players were on international duty on Wednesday and therefore tired.
    Well actually Fergie went off in a huff and refused to do any interviews. Carlos Queiroz was moaning about the internationals. I think I've heard every excuse they could think up in the past 24 hours. :lol: Funny that player fatigue wasn't a factor in their money-spinning trip to Saudi Arabia just a couple of weeks ago though. :chin:

Don't worry, I won't be gloating for much longer. Just til the same fixture next season.
    lol enjoy your moment iws we weren't good enough on the day, i know who's gonna have more trophies at the end of the season though :p
    I blame the kits. ;)

Well, I suppose this is a successful season for Man City now - you've won your cup final so you won't have to worry about failing in everything else now.

Seriously though, well played City. You caught us cold and outplayed us on our own ground. Though that little team mentality seems to enveloped your club again where your players only turn up for the big game against United, whilst being utterly woeful the rest of the time. No doubt you'll follow up this result with as spineless a performance against Everton as you did against Arsenal - not that your fans care I shouldn't think. Then again, maybe this result will reignite your season. If it's a toss up between you and the dippers for 4th place, I'd definitely rather see you there (lesser of two evils and all that).

Fair play to the City fans in the stadium who observed the silence. Not so sure about the guys who decided to set off fireworks outside the ground though!
    Addict wrote: »
    Seriously though, well played City. You caught us cold and outplayed us on our own ground. Though that little team mentality seems to enveloped your club again where your players only turn up for the big game against United, whilst being utterly woeful the rest of the time.

Well the occassion was obviously too much for the likes of Ronaldo. Ever notice he goes anonymous against any half-decent defence? I thought yesterday was your big day, not ours?
    Well the occassion was obviously too much for the likes of Ronaldo. Ever notice he goes anonymous against any half-decent defence?

Yes and no. It's a bit of myth that he's always anonymous against big sides - he scored against Arsenal this season and has done so before (twice in the 4-2 at Highbury), and Arsenal are a damn sight better than City. He's also helped his nation to a European championships final and a World Cup semi-final, being largely their best player. Don't know how much more you expect of a 22 year old? He's doing more than Zidane, Henry, Figo etc were doing at his age. Though he does need to be more consistent in the big games for sure, starting on Saturday hopefully. People forget he's still young, still learning and has nowhere near fulfilled his potential. It'll come with time, as it does with most others. Always said this season, Rooney is a much more important player at United in terms of how well we play.
    IWS, just thought I'd draw your attention to something I found today, just in case you were interested!

Looks like City will get their name on some cups this year after all:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4413/citymugstp5.jpg

:lol::lol:
    Lol. Someone said, that result will send the season's DVD sales through the roof.