Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cloverfield

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Did a search on this but it didn't seem to have a dedicated thread.

What did you think of it then? I had my reservations about whether the film was going to hold up given its 'home video' theme, but I thought it was good. Not exceedingly so, but an unconventional and refreshing concept, even though it wasnt by any means the first time it was done.

The fact that CGI was low profile compared with most other films in the genre was also refreshing.

Couldn't care much for the fate of the main characters though. Annoying fuckers the lot of them.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I liked it. I reckon that the home video concept saved it. If it was done normally it would of been shite, just another monster movie . I enjoyed it :)
  • Options
    I thought it was cool, the monster was kind of random.
  • Options
    I thought it was really good! The main characters were annoying with all the time they spent hanging around but it was still a great film. I liked the ending and the general lack of explanation.
  • Options
    No idea why people don't like the idea of 'another' monster movie - not like we have enough for me! (Big time love for everything Ray Harryhausen's ever done and Godzilla movies)

But the camcorder helped, and kept up the classic imply before showing element of the best of monster movies. Good monster fun
  • Options
    i really want to see this, might try watch it this week. looks cool to me.

monster love for the monster movies!
  • Options
    Thought it was overhyped and it was pretty average flick.
  • Options
    I didnt think it was anything special really,although there were some good bits sparsely dropped in.
    It just seemed to be pointless to me,just totally random and meaningless.
    And what the hell was up with that monsters ears??!!:eek2:
    :D
  • Options
    finally saw it last night, i was pretty impressed, usually i hate the whole home movie feel with no regard for cinematography but the monster was killer, the little ones freaked me out a bit, all in all it was pretty much what i expected, so im definitely satisfied with it