Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bleeding tummy again!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was admitted into hospital in the summer after having internal bleeding in my colon or rectum (never sure which it was), but after having loads of tests it came back inconclucive, and stopped of its own accord after a week. but its started again, and i'm worried as to what i should do?

should i get hold of my consultant in the morning? or should i be getting hold of my out of hours GP?

and has anyone else had anything like this happen before?

Comments

• Options
    If you're worried now ring the out of hours GP.

If you're not doing to do anything until the morning then ring the consultant.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I would definately say ring out of hours, or NHS direct.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd see a doctor as soon as possible. Don't want to mess around with stuff like this.
  • Options
    i know i just don't want to spend a night in A&E like before

a very scary experience
  • Options

a very scary experience

I sympathise. But I still think it's best to get medical attention rather than let whatever it is get worse... *hugs*
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

a very scary experience

surely it is better than getting seriously ill :confused:
  • Options

a very scary experience

come on, use some brains, if you are serious about something being wrong with you such as this get yourself to a doctor (if you already didnt)

if you are worried about spending a night at the hospital its only gonna be worse if you leave it longer and it gets more serious.

:banghead:
  • Options
    Hang on guys.

Having been to A&E on several occasions there's a lot to be said for waiting until the morning, if it's not immediately urgent. That way you get a half decent nights sleep in your own bed, are less stressed and terrified, and you can get your consultant, or at least part of their firm, with your notes rather than a generic house officer in A&E.

I'm not saying don't go to A&E if there's some urgent, but if it's something someone has had before and is not life threatening then whether to go, whether to call out of hours GP or whether to curl up in bed until the morning are all reasonable options to be considering.

T_T, I hope you're feeling a bit better this morning, and whatever medical attention you get isn't as scary as you thought it would be.

xx
  • Options
    its all fine! its only piles! got to use suppositories for week, but otherwise its ok...
  • Options
    Good to hear you'll be okay :)