Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Depression/Anxiety/Going Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone.

I'm having a bit of a rough time at the moment. I went through a divorce 2 years ago and it's been a struggle keeping going and moving on. I was on anti-depressants for 12 months and they really seemed to help me through. About a year ago I came off these and seemed to be coasting along ok. However I've always been very good at convincing myself and others that I'm ok when in actually fact I'm not.
I had a promotion at work about 9 months ago and I'm the highest qualified member of staff and as such it seems that they all think I know the answers to everything - I DON'T.
Then just before christmas I considered suicide (very scary) so I'm back on anti-depressants, having counselling and have been signed off work for the past 9 weeks.
Normally I would be feeling bored with not working but I don't. I feel a bit detached when I'm with others and my concentration is very poor.
I just don't feel normal:banghead:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    firstly i want to give you a big hug...

you say " However I've always been very good at convincing myself and others that I'm ok when in actually fact I'm not." I tend to do that alot but its like learning the pattern i guess to how you are feeling or simply saying, " ok no actually, i feel like crap. I need help" I've learnt that it's ok to say i need help and i'm not feeling well. That is okay.

I'm not a doctor so i can't advise you on your AD but i'm in the same place at the moment and as horrible as it sounds, you have to take one day at a time. No one should expect you to have all the answers. Tell me if i'm wrong but i get the impression that you almost wish you could have a break from yourself?

When you're feeling suicidal, low, depressed its common to feel detached and have poor concerntration. I really do feel for you right now. If you don't feel as if you are getting the support you need right now i say go back to your doctor and TELL him thats what you want, not that you think it would be helpful. tell him whats going on because you deserve all the hapiness in your life.

I hope things improve and remember that people on here are always happy to talk!

take care,
    Amy
    Thank you Amy. It is really nice to hear from someone who is dealing with similar difficulties. Sometimes I feel so isolated. You're right about going back to the doctors - I'm back there on Wednesday so I'll really try to be honest about my true feelings.
    Anyway, hope you are ok and thank you for replying. xx
    thats ok babe. just PM me if you need a chat.

hope all goes well. xxx