Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

refund or not!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought sumthing just before christmas as a present for someone but it's no longer required whats the chances id be able to take it back to the shop?ive got the receipt! do you think ill get a refund?
thanx any1 who can help me!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends. Legally no. Just because you don't want something anymore doesn't entitle you to a refund BUT some stores have a goodwill policy and will either refund you the money or give you a credit note.

What shop did you make the purxhase from ?
    You might be lucky. But it is now over a month after Christmas.

If you're saying they have used it for a bit and don't want it any more then that's tough and you should have more moral fibre than to take it back to the shop.

If you're saying they have only just had it and it's not suitable, then that's a bit different, but still pretty late on. A lot of places will not give you this much time to take things back, quite rightly.
    depends on the shop.
    Id take it back anyway. Most shops will take it back if youve still got the receipt. I dont know about legal obligations, but ive never had a problem, even a lot longer after purchase than that.
    Make up some sob story about how you didn't get to see your relatives until last week or something and they got bought two. Normally works for me!
    Does depend on the shop, if it is a chain store with a website then their returns policy is likely to be on there. Most places I've worked might let you have an exchange for something else but it does vary.
    I am gonna say i bought it for a relative and the already got the same thing so ended up with 2,the shop is toys rus.
    anyways im gonna give it a try and see how i get on.thanx for your help.
    I think most shops have a policy that says you must return the ite within 28 days or something? Also, depending on the product, you may not be allowed to send it back.
    I think a big company like toys r us it will be fine.
    If in doubt, give them a ring first