Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Do I Stop Getting Blocked Ears?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since July I've had blocked ears 3 times and everytime I've not been able to hear out of at least one of the at all. Also, whenever they've been blocked, I've had a ringing sound in them, which lasts for about a week.

Is there anyway of preventing either of these things happening?

Comments

• Options
    Waxy ears can cause a ringing sensation so it may be the case of a build up of wax. Try not to clean ears out with cotton buds, tissue and towels as that can push wax further into the ear and cause them to become blocked. Have you tried olive oil? Just put two drops in each ear twice a day. You can also get the wax-softening drops from the chemist that can help!

Have you been to the doctors about it?
  • Options
    Thanks. I've had drops put in y ears once today adn once yesterday. I haven't been to the doctors about it, but will do.
  • Options
    It's probably best to! They might syringe them for you and hopefully get your ears back to normal :)
    There's nothing worse than not being able to hear properly :no:
  • Options
    I had itchy ear canals for months, and finally got my arse down the doctors and it turned out I had Otitis Externa - it's worth popping down to your GP as they'll be able to sort it pretty sharpish.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    There's nothing worse than not being able to hear properly :no:

I know and I'm sure I'm getting worse as well.:(

I'll get the doctor to sort this out, however when I've cleaned my ears out within the last few days (apart from Wednesday) I've had hardly any wax xome out, yet I'm almost deaf in one ear.