Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In need of ideas...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    how about vouchers for a hair treatment or something in a salon like foot massage or to get her nails done?
  • Options
    one of my friends (a girl) was feeling the same and I arranged for us to go to the Zoo! as childish as it sounds (shes 23!) we had an absolutley great time and she was happy as Larry! :)
  • Options
    my friend sent me a bunch of flowers and a chocolate heart when I was all stressed and stuff last term, that was really lovely :)
  • Options
    Sauna! go to your local spa and sweat the everliving sin outta you at 100 degrees. you feel super relaxed afterwards. good for a cold beer,..
  • Options
    A nice day at the spa is the right thing for her.
  • Options
    Depends if she's feeling up to facing the world or wanting to hide away.

If she's OK to go out and stuff then I'd say a spa or something.

Otherwise; have a girly night in and set up like a home spa... do her nails for her and stuff and cook a lovely meal and watch a DVD or something. I really enjoyed that when I'd been feeling a bit low; and I didn't feel I had to make any special effort or anything cos I was with people who were close to me.
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Depends if she's feeling up to facing the world or wanting to hide away.

If she's OK to go out and stuff then I'd say a spa or something.

Otherwise; have a girly night in and set up like a home spa... do her nails for her and stuff and cook a lovely meal and watch a DVD or something. I really enjoyed that when I'd been feeling a bit low; and I didn't feel I had to make any special effort or anything cos I was with people who were close to me.

Oo this and..when I was in hospital my best friend brought round loads of dvds to watch with me plus a cute decorated box full of things that represent our in jokes and sweets. Plus a lovely letter. Made me err cry and realise that I'm so lucky to have her
  • Options
    Well, my advice is similar to a lot of others. Is she just a bit low or majorly depressed? If she's just a bit low, drag her out of the house (even if she protests) and have a nice day out at the spa/salon or whatever. If she's majorly depressed, bring her some magazines, dvds, give her a massage, cook her something nice, etc. S'what I do...

Hope she feels better soon... :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Take her into town and do a bit of shopping then treat her lunch and then take her to yours and watch a dvd with some wine.

Not too OTT but showing you are there.