Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lots of beauty questions!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya

I have quite a few beauty questions so if anyone can help with any it'd be greatly appreciated :D

1. Does the Tigi Bedhead range work? which products do people think are particuarly good? I am thinking of getting the Shine Junkie - good or bad?

2. How can you get rid of dark shadows under the eyes - sleep doesnt work! makeup ideas preferred!!

3. Any ideas on a good lip plumper that i can use as a gloss? Nothing too over the top just something to give my lips a bit of a fuller appearance?

4. can anyone recommend any good how-to guides online for putting on makeup - everything from foundation through to lippy but particularly eyeshadow/eyeliner...

5. Anyone got any tips for wearing bum-length hair up? Seems its either down, or in a ponytail. Any creative ideas?

6. Does anyone happen to know where i might find some knee length plain black suede-effect boots with a high heel, for less than £25?? I found some perfect South ones on www.additions.co.uk but they are £50 and can't afford them!

thanks sooo much :D

Danielle

Comments

• Options
    Cant answer all of em but for number 2..I think haemeroid cream is supposed to work!

Also number 4...I use youtube and watch the how to vids..Really interesting!! Can particularly reccomend this girl's vids for eye makeup: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jjacks48 she's sooo clever!
  • Options
    I dont' know how well they work but Bed Head's After Party, I think it's called, smells delicious. I had a friend who was really into it though.

I'm a train wreck tv addict and one tip they always give on makeover shows is to use a white or uber light pink eyelinger and trace it from the inside of your eye (whatever thats called, the part where the tear duct is) down in a slight slant sort of following the baggy eye bit... sorry this isn't making any sense I'll try to find something better... and blend it in.

Lip plumper I found to be a load. Got the sally hansen, crap. Got drunk and bought some $40 bottle of lip gloss because I didn't see the price Lip Fusion I think it was called... equally as noneffective. Honestly, clear lipgloss is the same. And don't plan on giving oral after you've used it :lol:

Could always try ebay for cheap boots. If you type in "seude" as theres plenty of people out there who can't spell :angel: you can find some and you'll probably be the only bidder as you may not find them if you searched "suede" http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/black-faux-seude-thigh-boots_W0QQitemZ120215631655QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :p

http://attr-search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=pf&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=suede&sacat=63889%26catref%3DC6%26curcat%3Dtrue&a6=2294&a22750=31924&a35322=35319&a53=-24&a47=2288&a14=-24&alist=a6%2Ca22750%2Ca35322%2Ca53%2Ca47%2Ca14%2Ca3801&pfmode=1&reqtype=1&gcs=1634&pfid=2268&pf_query=suede&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=60074&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2
  • Options
    lavyrnia wrote: »
    Hiya

I have quite a few beauty questions so if anyone can help with any it'd be greatly appreciated :D

1. Does the Tigi Bedhead range work? which products do people think are particuarly good? I am thinking of getting the Shine Junkie - good or bad?

2. How can you get rid of dark shadows under the eyes - sleep doesnt work! makeup ideas preferred!!

3. Any ideas on a good lip plumper that i can use as a gloss? Nothing too over the top just something to give my lips a bit of a fuller appearance?

4. can anyone recommend any good how-to guides online for putting on makeup - everything from foundation through to lippy but particularly eyeshadow/eyeliner...

5. Anyone got any tips for wearing bum-length hair up? Seems its either down, or in a ponytail. Any creative ideas?

6. Does anyone happen to know where i might find some knee length plain black suede-effect boots with a high heel, for less than £25?? I found some perfect South ones on www.additions.co.uk but they are £50 and can't afford them!

thanks sooo much :D

Danielle

Ok Question Number 1: Tigi bedhead range is really good, worth the money, especially the shine junkie. Wouldn't reccomend the range if you have already straight shiney hair because it wont make much of a difference.

Question Number 2: I have dark shadows under my eyes, so depending on your budget

High: Clinique Under Eye/YSL Touche D'eclait along with benefit boi-ng concealer and benefit 'eye bright' in the inner and outer corners of your eyes. Does the trick.

Low Budget: Tend to stick to maxfactor/maybeline under cover eye stuff and the highlighting creams can do the trick.

Question Number 3: Best lip plumper ive used is two faced 'lip injection', but again its quite expensive.

Question Number 4: Im not an expert at putting on make-up but I am a bit of a make-up junkie. Id reccomend buying brands such as lancome/benefit/clinique if you can afford them, if not just make sure you invest in a good foundation if you have bad skin, good concealer if you have under-eye circles, good mascara if you have rubbish lashes..etc. Also one tip a foundation brush works wonders even for lazy people like me. And check out www.handbag.com. Great Website.

Question Number 5: Ive got shorter hair so I wouldn't know, perhaps have a flick through some magazines or be daring and get a cut?

Question Number 6: There are some great looking (but not so great quality) swede-y looking boots in cheap shops such as shoezone, shoeexpress etc.
  • Options
    i love bed head manipulator conditioner. Its my very very fave at the moment. Unfortuntely its been discontinued but i just got a huge bottle on ebay. I hope i can find another one as good when its finished.
  • Options
    Cant answer all of em but for number 2..I think haemeroid cream is supposed to work!

It doesn't :(

I've tried just about everything there is - high end, low end, mid range, all that jazz, and the combination that works the best on my skin is a combination of Collection 2000 undereye concealer wand and the one by that cheapy MeMeMe brand in Superdrug.
  • Options
    Two Faced lip injection is good, but stings like FUCK and my boyfriend had a big emo girl pants fit after I kissed him with it on. Quite gloopy too.

Tigi Bedhead range is quite good, I use the purple stuff for coloured hair, Fashionista, very nice! Best Shampoo and Conditioner by far is the Honey & Oatmeal just for the lushious smell!!
  • Options
    videojug is alright for instructional vidoes.