Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dicloflex

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Hey,

I have been prescribed these, any ideas how long they take to kick in?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've heard the side effects include spontanious cleaning, washing up, doing the washing etc...

so if you aint doing that, i dont think they are working

:chin:
  • Options
    i've heard the side effects include spontanious cleaning, washing up, doing the washing etc...

so if you aint doing that, i dont think they are working

:chin:

oh no!! well I must go get some more, can you fork out another £13 odd for me?

I will try and do the dishes after, but seeing as I am a cripple I cannot promise.

I am also glad this is down in black and white so people can see what a bully you are, making your weak girlfriend who is in agony to do the chores coz you cant be arsed :p
  • Options
    A few days for me. I have them to help ease the tension and relax the muscles at the back of my neck.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    A few days for me. I have them to help ease the tension and relax the muscles at the back of my neck.

days? oh god, I was hoping hours. :crying:
  • Options
    Where's the pain, what's the problem ? It could take days for me because of the area i take them for the neck, which is usally moving around a lot so could take longer. I take pain killers with them as well, don't know if you should but then i stick so much crap into me on a daily basis (prescription i might add) that another couple aint gonna hurt :P
  • Options
    Where's the pain, what's the problem ? It could take days for me because of the area i take them for the neck, which is usally moving around a lot so could take longer. I take pain killers with them as well, don't know if you should but then i stick so much crap into me on a daily basis (prescription i might add) that another couple aint gonna hurt :P

it is my coccyx, I hurt it about 10 years ago, but it has flared up and this is what she prescribed me this morning along with cocodamol.

And neither seem to be working yet :(

Bring me Calpol!
  • Options
    Ha Ha you said coccyx :p Well as you're on quite a strong analgesic (ooo get me, analgesic) i'm surprised you're still in pain. How long you been taking this medication ? If it's more than a week i'd go back and see my G.P.
  • Options
    I have them for my foot/leg, and used to have to take them 3x per day with food, which worked as it just didn't get painful really. Now my foot/leg isn't so bad I've been told to take them as and when needed, but I find it to be a couple of hours + rest before they start working.
  • Options
    Ha Ha you said coccyx :p Well as you're on quite a strong analgesic (ooo get me, analgesic) i'm surprised you're still in pain. How long you been taking this medication ? If it's more than a week i'd go back and see my G.P.

about 2 and half hours :blush:

You are well clever innit, wiv your long words...:p

Perhaps we could join a group, "I am falling apart and the drugs dont work" group. :yippe:
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    "I am falling apart and the drugs dont work" group.

Are you psychic ? I was at clinic a fortnight ago and was reliably imformed that my current combination of drugs for HIV doesn't work anymore :( So i'm now on a new regime that's making me feel like shit.
  • Options
    Are you psychic ? I was at clinic a fortnight ago and was reliably imformed that my current combination of drugs for HIV doesn't work anymore :( So i'm now on a new regime that's making me feel like shit.

oh sweetie that aint good :( Do you think you will get used to the new ones? Did you feel like shit when you went onto the previous ones?
  • Options
    I'm ok. One of the ones i'm on is quite new and works in a different way to the all the others so hopefully i'll be ok on it. But it's giving me a lot of headaches and pain round my kidneys. I did read on the leaflet, when i saw the pharmacist, that they have to keep a regular check on creatin levels and i think that's something to do with kidneys.
  • Options
    I'm ok. One of the ones i'm on is quite new and works in a different way to the all the others so hopefully i'll be ok on it. But it's giving me a lot of headaches and pain round my kidneys. I did read on the leaflet, when i saw the pharmacist, that they have to keep a regular check on creatin levels and i think that's something to do with kidneys.

if you need a kidney, you can have mine :) well, one of them as I sorta need at least one to carry on plodding along and moaning about my back :D
  • Options
    Was prescribed this quite recently for my knackered joints, but haven't taken any yet as am concerned it may dissolve my stomach.

As other people seem to be taking it without death, I may give it a try :chin:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Was prescribed this quite recently for my knackered joints, but haven't taken any yet as am concerned it may dissolve my stomach.

As other people seem to be taking it without death, I may give it a try :chin:

dissolve your stomach? why?
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    dissolve your stomach? why?

Anti-inflammatories are really harsh on the stomach and I've had problems with meds causing ulcers and stuff before.

I know it's supposed to help taking it with meals, I'm just generally wary of painkillers and anti-inflammatories.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Anti-inflammatories are really harsh on the stomach and I've had problems with meds causing ulcers and stuff before.

I know it's supposed to help taking it with meals, I'm just generally wary of painkillers and anti-inflammatories.

blimey! Well fingers crossed they dont dissolve my stomach, I have grown rather attached to it!
  • Options
    I was on them for quite a while as a painkiller after surgery.

(Assuming I'm thinking of the same ones, mine were Diclofenac, but am suspecting one of the two is a brand name).

Mine were round brown tablets, you take 3 x a day (With food, solves the stomach problem, even if it's just a biscuit or some fruit), started working by about 2 hours, started fading by about 6 hours, although the fade was quite gradual.

Did the doctor look at the area when you went in or just prescribe the painkillers?
  • Options
    I was on them for quite a while as a painkiller after surgery.

(Assuming I'm thinking of the same ones, mine were Diclofenac, but am suspecting one of the two is a brand name).

Mine were round brown tablets, you take 3 x a day (With food, solves the stomach problem, even if it's just a biscuit or some fruit), started working by about 2 hours, started fading by about 6 hours, although the fade was quite gradual.

Did the doctor look at the area when you went in or just prescribe the painkillers?

no she looked at the area, and prodded me so hard I cried.

They sound exactly the same as mine. They seem to be working now, but making me feel really woozy.
  • Options
    the diclofenac wont make you feel woozy but the codeine in the co-codamol might.

As mentioned NSAID painkillers can cause GI side-effects. Taking with food should help but if u have any that cause any great discomfort, speak to your gp as there is medication that can protect your stomach if you need to take the diclofenac for any length of time.

Dicloflex is a brand name, as is Voltarol, but its all diclofenac