Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Colour Combination

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've started knitting a sweater and I've been giving the colour combination a thought for like a year already and still can't seem to be able to decide on what I truly want.

The torso is dyed black wool and I will be needing three different colours in the pattern that's over the chest. I am quite in love with a candy floss pink and kinda want to combine it with white for even more contrast but I'm running into trouble with the third colour.

I've done one combination with the pink colour and two purpley ones and I really love that but I'm not sure if I want it on my sweater as well or to change it a bit.

Pink Combo 1
Pink Combo 2

The pattern across the chest on my sweater will look a lot like this and the sleeves and torso are also the same kind of black.

If anyone could suggest a third colour that might work with a pink/white pattern on black I'd be very happy! I've considered either of the purpley colours I have used but I kinda feel like I'm stuck inside the box.

The pattern looks like this here: Sweater

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally I'd slap a lovely bit of dark teal in there. :yes:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Personally I'd slap a lovely bit of dark teal in there. :yes:

Oh my! That is exactly what I was thinking.
    ooo, that's definitely what I needed, some fresh ideas!

I might go check out the teal collection tomorrow and see if the available colours work for me. I've got one sleeve to go before I start knitting the pattern, this is super fun. :D
    I didn't find a good enough teal in the kind of wool I was using so I went with what was tried and tested. :p However there's a differently spun wool with an awesome teal-ish colour that goes awesomely with the pink so I might try something different with that combo.

Here's what my sweater ended up like:
    My own unique sweater, woo!

I'm washing it now, heehee. Can't wait to be able to wear it! Especially as it's been below -10°C these days, brrr. Need to sew a bit and add a zipper before it's ready. Oh, and dry it off.
    Bloody hell, ain't you clever? That looks ace, I am a bit jealous.
    Gorgeous! :D

How long did it take you to complete?
    Nice! Looks toasty warm :)

I wish I had the patience to finish an entire jumper. I usually get bored somewhere around the yoke :(
    Thanks guys! :) It's supposed to be a zipper sweater and I need to sew and I have absolutely zero sewing skills. Took me about one working week to knit it and now I'm clueless about how to finish it! I'm trying to convince mom to help me though.

I'm quite lucky, in my work I get rather long breaks throughout my day so it's the perfect time to sit and knit. I'm trying to motivate myself to do something productive rather than sleep (bad habit!).