Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

more confidence advice!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,
i want to start wearing make up like mascara but i dont have much self confidence and i dont want people to say oh u got mascara on nd act like im trying to impress someone cus that really annoys me and i want to wear it so plz can u help?

Comments

• Options
    You either wear it or you don't. People are obviously going to notice and comment when you first start doing it, but that is true of anything. If you get your hair done differently, people will notice. If you get a new pair of awesome shoes, people will notice. Just make sure you're not making a mess of it and fuck what they think.

That is, if you can even predict what they're going to think. You can't know they'll assume you're trying to impress someone, and even if they do, everyone tries to impress people they like. It's human nature.
  • Options
    How about trying it out for a day and seeing what happens? If you decide that you feel comfortable wearing it again, maybe wear it a bit more often until you are confident wearing it all the time.