Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Facebook

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is down, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Due to 'maintainance'. I don't think they understand my vital need to untag the awful pictures of myself last night! I do worry about myself sometimes when the fact I can't get onto Facebook actually upsets me enough to post about it :nervous:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Works for me :p
    Fucking hell. I wish people would stop fucking bloody chain-mail messages on my fucking FunWall already! :mad:
    Is down, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Due to 'maintainance'. I don't think they understand my vital need to untag the awful pictures of myself last night! I do worry about myself sometimes when the fact I can't get onto Facebook actually upsets me enough to post about it :nervous:

At least let us all have a gander at them first.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Fucking hell. I wish people would stop fucking bloody chain-mail messages on my fucking FunWall already! :mad:
    When u swear, it doesnt seem right for some reason.
    I'm on facebook now, it's working fine for me!
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    When u swear, it doesnt seem right for some reason.
    Fuck, bastard, cunt... :p
    Erm... anyway, it looks like the reason they were doing "maintenance" was in order to add something called an "extended profile". It looks like it's for those who have lots of applications.
    stargalaxy wrote: »

You could just delete that application. Everytime I see either a funwall or a superwall they always just have a load of chain-mail things and forwarded things on it, often the same one in duplicate from different people.
    I don't have a single extra application on my profile. All just an utter waste of space. I use my profile to keep in touch with people, and that's it. In fact, I discovered a setting that blocks all the invites to every single stupid application. Perfect.

Keep it simple, keep it real.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    g_angel wrote: »
    I don't have a single extra application on my profile. All just an utter waste of space. I use my profile to keep in touch with people, and that's it. In fact, I discovered a setting that blocks all the invites to every single stupid application. Perfect.

how? I hate them all, no i dont want to be a zombie nor do i fancy you, and want to find out who fancies me!

please tell us where that setting is?
    in notifications probably
    phoenix24 wrote: »

It's in the "I really need to delete my Facebook and set up a Bebo instead because it's easier to understand and less pointless" section :razz:
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    It's in the "I really need to delete my Facebook and set up a Bebo instead because it's easier to understand and less pointless" section :razz:
    it is not. I deleted my bebo, and reset it back up today coz i was bored. fucking hell. its so hard to understand.
    phoenix24 wrote: »

Ooo - just checking, and it appears that they have changed the menus that I went through.

This sounds about right though: Privacy-->Applications-->Other Applications

Check the following option:

Do not share any information about me through the Facebook API

I think that is right, the layout and wording is different now and the actual option I selected is no longer there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - changing that appears to change the privacy level to maximum. Try it.

too right, facebook used to be ace but it's gone to the dogs since those applications came on the scene.

now most people's facebook pages read like a fucking bombsite. not impressed at all.

i too only have a wall and that's it.
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I hate them all, no i dont want to be a zombie nor do i fancy you, and want to find out who fancies me!
    Sounds like a riddle. :p
    Addict wrote: »
    too right, facebook used to be ace but it's gone to the dogs since those applications came on the scene.

now most people's facebook pages read like a fucking bombsite. not impressed at all.

i too only have a wall and that's it.

It wouldn't be as bad if everybody used their noggin and shifted their wall to the top (it's rather simple, although, to be fair they may not want to) as I just get siiiiiiiiick of having to shift down miles of bullshit just to find the bit I want to see.
    Ooo - just checking, and it appears that they have changed the menus that I went through.

This sounds about right though: Privacy-->Applications-->Other Applications

Check the following option:

Do not share any information about me through the Facebook API

I think that is right, the layout and wording is different now and the actual option I selected is no longer there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm - changing that appears to change the privacy level to maximum. Try it.

Did this work, for anybody who tried it?

As mentioned, the menu system had been redesigned since I set that lovely thing to block all that bollocks.
    I hate applications.
    Not to be too pretentious but it was much better when it was just uni students. It had a purpose / niche. I know a lot of people who didn't go to uni are fine, but opening up the floodgates lets all the 12 year old emos in. The MySpace effect.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Not to be too pretentious but it was much better when it was just uni students. It had a purpose / niche. I know a lot of people who didn't go to uni are fine, but opening up the floodgates lets all the 12 year old emos in. The MySpace effect.

I don't have any 12 year old Emos on my friend list...
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    But then the flipside to that is that then you have the benefits like the fact that my mum now uses Facebook, and that's how we communicate because she's rubbish at checking her phone and she doesn't ever reply to her emails. And it means that at the times I forget about her being on there and I change my status to something that implies I am sad, she starts talking to me and asking if I'm ok, and trying to bring me home and stuff. Which makes me feel millions better.

I must say though, that I get a LOT less bogus requests on Facebook than I do on MySpace, and I've found a whole load of old primary school friends that I never would have spoken to again without it.
    I don't have any 12 year old Emos on my friend list...

It was a generalisation. But there are people who will sign up to facebook and use it just for the massive app / forwarding spam. I've had plenty of people randomly add me as a friend because they literally just add everyone they see to try to get the most friends possible.
    I much prefer MySpace than Facebook. Those stupid invites do my head in and I don't like that I can be tagged without my approval. My friend tried to tag me on MySpace with some ugly pictures and I can happily ignore it. :D Plus regardless of having xed something about not receiving emails about apps I still get some! I never ever receive MySpace emails.

I also find that users with loads of apps take ages to load. I had started adding applications to mine but I've removed most now. Going to try what g_angel suggested! I just want all of those annoying requests gone.
    Jaloux wrote: »
    I never ever receive MySpace emails.

Really? Whenever I log on I usually get at least 3 emails from people/bands I don't know.
    I think you can block emails/requests from bands