Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eyeliner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Firstly, which You lovely board members prefer: liquid or pencil?

Secondly (and I feel a bit embarassed asking) can anyone give me any tips on applying liquid eyeliner?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Options
    I use liquid.

I would suggest wiping the applicator on a bit of tissue before you apply it so that it doesnt drip all over the place then just apply as close to the lashes as possible
  • Options
    Pencil/khol. Liquid is shit for smudging (obviously), and very few people can pull off solid lines even although a shitload of people seem to think they can.
  • Options
    I think its one of things that is trial and error really
  • Options
    I use pencil/kohl or even eyeshadow as eyeliner.
  • Options
    Pencil, fuck that liquid shit, it goes wrong for me and i get mad.
  • Options
    Soft pencil or whatever you call it, kohl I guss from reading this. CG makes a really cheap eyeliner with a smudger on the other end thats real good.

And :yes: to Lea uk and the eyeshadow. You can get so many different colors too then without having to buy anything extra ;)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    kohl.

I dont like the look liquid gives me, mainly as it is one bit squiggly line!
  • Options
    I use a pencil Barry M do a good one and it's quite soft :)
  • Options
    liquid on top , kohl on the bottom. a good tip for liquid is don't worry if it goes squiggly on top , just concentrate on geting it close enough to the lashes then use a damp cotton bud to wipe off the mistakes and leave a nice line.
  • Options
    i use pencil most of the time on the inner eyelid. if i want a more dramatic look i use liquid on the upperlid too, but i cant be arsed most days to do that
  • Options
    pencil

i never put it on my inner eye, makes them look much smaller

always do it on top and just outside on the bottom
  • Options
    I wear liquid liner on top, and pencil on the inner rim of my eyelid, which eyeshadow around the edges for a smokey look. That's my day and evening face.

Liquid eyeliner is the best thing since sliced bread.
  • Options
    I wear liquid liner on top, and pencil on the inner rim of my eyelid, which eyeshadow around the edges for a smokey look. That's my day and evening face.

Liquid eyeliner is the best thing since sliced bread.
    can u show me a pic of your eyes?
  • Options
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    can u show me a pic of your eyes?
    Yep... my eyes look like this. I wear a light grey/silver in the day, then use more chocolate browns and gunmetals for the evening.
  • Options
    I use a cake liner applied with a brush, which i guess is like a liquid liner. And I like the day eyes Ilora.
  • Options
    Yep... my eyes look like this. I wear a light grey/silver in the day, then use more chocolate browns and gunmetals for the evening.
    Thats lovely.

I wish i could use liquid properly.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I use pencil/kohl or even eyeshadow as eyeliner.

same as
  • Options

I'm impressed, that looks good!
  • Options
    Pencil...I'm allergic to liquid and just end up with streaming eyes from the minute the applicator gets within about 5cm's of me.
  • Options
    Pencil! Always looks ace all smudged. :)
  • Options

Illora you wear it really well! Wish I could do that
  • Options
    That looks great but with my application it will never look that good hehe.
  • Options
    Best khol is a white pencil with Onyx on the side by Benefit. Blackest of the black!
  • Options
    I change depending on what kind of a mood i'm in - but if you want a good liquid one that you don't need a degree in A-level art to apply i reccomend Lancome's Art Liner its lurrrvely.

I also have a random No7 pencil i bought as a joke to wear with a fancy dress outfit - which actually is amazingly good - i was very suprised and has this cool smudgy bit on it
  • Options
    I hate liquid eyeliner with a passion, black kohl does the job for me everytime!
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I change depending on what kind of a mood i'm in - but if you want a good liquid one that you don't need a degree in A-level art to apply i reccomend Lancome's Art Liner its lurrrvely.

I bought that about a year ago because someone said the exact same thing as you. But i just cant use it, I find the regular ones easier to apply.
  • Options
    After discovering that those felt-tip like liquid eyeliners are approximately 1000% easier to use than the brush ones, I now use both.

Trying to cut down on my overall eyeliner use in the day though, to minimise the drag queen look.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    I bought that about a year ago because someone said the exact same thing as you. But i just cant use it, I find the regular ones easier to apply.

It was probably me - i've been addicted to it since i was about 14
  • Options
    I use pencil on the inner rims of my eyelids (top and bottom), then liquid above my top eyelashes and below my bottom ones (only about halfway though). I can never get it nice and smooth though really.

I did buy some of this yesterday and omg it's so good. And it smudges really well and it's just awesome.
  • Options
    "Trying to cut down on my overall eyeliner use in the day though, to minimise the drag queen look." --Kaffrin

Haha the drag queen look is me! :flirt:
    I usually prefer kohl for black eyeliner, and liquid for coloured. I don't like it when my coloured eyeliner smudges.