Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

film extra

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
just got a call from a casting agency that i added my details to a while back (which i did purely for a laugh, not thinking id hear anything back from them)

and i just got a call from them asking me if ill be a film extra for a week in march :D
wahey!! dont know what film it is yet, but im hoping its a big un!
they want me to dress up in a knee length blue skirt and court shoes - so i may just be someone in the workplace - who knows!

good thing is tho that for the week im getting paid £80 a day plus extra 10 per hour if its overtime. so thats 560 quid plus! well chuffed!!

but anywho - was just wandering if anyone here has ever had a job as an extra or appeared or some film/programme or another??

apart from this, i think the only time ive been filmed for tv was when i was in a documentary style thing for the isle of man hospital. had to 'act' like i had tonsilitus and sit in bed and eat cereal etc. twas fun :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    no, but I want a go...how do I do it?
  • Options
    My ex house mate was an extra in Closer and HP Order of the Phoenix, that's all I know about extras!
  • Options
    coolio
  • Options
    I'm applying for it in the next few days. Should be good stuff, good going!

I work 4 days on, 4 days off so I'll have 4 days spare to do some shoots! [/faux showbiz life]
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb:
  • Options
    I was in Whoops Apocalypse as a body on the beach :D
  • Options
    Expect the most boring week of your life. Seriously. Make sure you bring a book to read, because there'll be loads of time spent just hanging around doing nothing (and having to be silent if you're anywhere near the shot).
  • Options
    Expect the most boring week of your life. Seriously. Make sure you bring a book to read, because there'll be loads of time spent just hanging around doing nothing (and having to be silent if you're anywhere near the shot).

yar i know. ive worked on film sets before in the art department so im used to what sets are like and how long the days can be. im prepared tho :)
  • Options
    i was in Cracker as a wedding guest