Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Pill and periods...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long on average does a period or 'withdrawal bleed' take to come after taking the weeks break from it?

So I stopped taking it on Monday, I was sorta expecting it by now, but they're are no signs of it arriving anytime soon.

Should I be concerned?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you just starting the pill or have recently changed? If not, I'd just go with whats normal for you. Mine, on my last pill, would either start 2 or 3 days later or not at all. But on a different pill it was almost the day after without fail.

Do you have reason to be concerned about the timleyness of it? Never hurts to take a test just in case :) Or theres always a million other reasons why it could be late or not come, stress, change in diet or exercise, weight loss or gain, being sick, change of other meds, unfortunatly the list could go on!
    I stop mine on Sunday, and bleed usually starts Wednesday night/Thursday. Everyone is different, but that's me if that's any help.

I once had a pill that had a little graph thing of pill taking/withdrawal bleed and time, seem to remember that suggested it was on average about 3 days after.
    I finish mine on a Saturday and usually come on on Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.
    When I used to take it I'd take the last one on a Friday night and come on Tuesday afternoon. About 3pm. I could literally time it.
    I take my last pill on a Wednesday but don't come on until the Monday, so around 4 days normally.
    Well i stopped mine on Sunday and i usually come on on the Thursday but i came on today, its never any longer than 5 days
    Ah it was 5 days! Came today, no panic anymore.
    Why do i have to come on on a Friday :crying: :crying:
    Tis most annoying isn't it!
    Yep, the worst thing about it is that now i cant have sex for a week :crying:
    It'll just be extra good when you can do!