Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How would you work out who got which room when going on holiday with friends? :p

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys, a not-so-serious question, but one I'm determined not to lose out on!

I'm going on holiday this summer with about 11 friends, of which there will be 2 or 3 couples, and there is the master bedroom with a kingsize and ensuite, then some twin rooms and another room with a double bed.

So obviously, I was sensible and have bagsied the master room. I thought that was the logical way to do things :chin:

Only the person whose doing the admin stuff insists she has the big room! But last year she got first pick too! I don't mind really, but having an ensuite etc. is kinda cool :hyper: and we're all paying the same, just one person is doing it in their name. Any of us could do it really.

The only thing that bothers me, is not not having the room, but it being a forgone conclusion who has the best room :p, especially when it's contested! I mean I'd be happy with a simple cointoss even lol. Just paying £150 each, I don't see why I shouldn't have an equal chance of getting the nice room :cool:

Does this make sense? I'm not bothered I won't get it, I'm just bothered that I'm not allowed it :p (even though I bagsied!)

We're going to a cottage you see. One of the double beds is a pull out sofa bed that would suck oh so hard. But you just know madame ;) would never have that. It's just little things, like she alwaysssssssssss gets first pick. Maybe I'm just being argumentative. :yippe:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Names in a hat, tis the only fair way.
    We usually just show up and get put wherever the hotel staff put us. If you know beforehand, then the shotgun method is the only fair one.
    It's only a fucking holiday, does it really matter where you're sleeping? Especially if you're going to be coming home pissed every night anyway.
    Person who organised it/is doing the admin gets first choice.

After that, it's names in a hat - but as pointed out, it's a holiday so who honestly gives a shit apart from not ending up with a snorer!! ;)
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    It's only a fucking holiday, does it really matter where you're sleeping? Especially if you're going to be coming home pissed every night anyway.

Yep.

If your only argument for the master bedroom is that you "bagsied" it, then I'm afraid you deserve all you get :razz:
    I agreee that the organiser gets first choice. I was on a holiday at New Year which was similar. We were about 12ish staying in a cabin with only 3 double rooms. The way we did it was that the organiser paid for the cabin (it was in norway, and he lives there, so was easier in that sense anyway) and then we all transferred our money into his account. He got first choice, then it was choice in order of when you transferred money to him. Luckily for me, my husband was on the ball, so we got second choice :D
    There was another guy who made a big fuss (despite this agreement being made clear from before the cabin was booked) and was going to book a whole seperate cabin, but he didn't come in the end. He just sounded really petty by the end of it, but we couldn't see any other fair way of doing it.
    Yerascrote wrote: »

As I said, no :p, but it's the principle that if we start doing it every year, which we are, every year its the same lady who gets the best spot ;). So just to stir things up I bagsied it.

In conclusion, I am being argumentative, but it's all good natured (we're good friends) and I want a way to win the argument :). There's only a tiny bit of me that is secretly jealous that I always end up second or worse :grump: :razz:
    A few ways of sorting it -

1. Share the room.
    2. Admin gets the room.
    3. Payer (overall) gets the room.
    4. First person to stick their bag on the bed gets the room.
    5. Swap rooms after some time.
    6. Lucky dip.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    As I said, no :p, but it's the principle that if we start doing it every year, which we are, every year its the same lady who gets the best spot ;). So just to stir things up I bagsied it.

In conclusion, I am being argumentative, but it's all good natured (we're good friends) and I want a way to win the argument :). There's only a tiny bit of me that is secretly jealous that I always end up second or worse :grump: :razz:

Next year you should do all the admin, then you can get the best room :thumb:
    names out of the hat otherwise all hell will break loose or do what i did last year in thailand....who ever runs up the stairs first and jumps on the bed... which is easier said than done when your jet lagged:)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    g_angel wrote: »
    Person who organised it/is doing the admin gets first choice.

:yes:

And after that it's first come first served. Get you suitcase on the bed to blag it.

It's hardly a big thing anyway. You on holoday and is where you spend you time passed out really that big a deal as long is it's a place to get you head down?
    Weekender Offender 
    rule #1 share a room with the hottest girl.
    rule #2 avoid the guy with the bad body hygiene

that's the two most important.
    If I was doing the admin, I'd want first choice on the room!