Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

National Insurance and Claiming tax back

PearlyPearly Posts: 345 Cool Newbie
Hi all,

If you're confused about National Insurance contributions, you want to know what it's for, how much you have to pay and what to do if you're paying too much, then check out our new fact sheet.

We've also added a new article on Tax credits - see if you're eligible for child tax credits or working tax credits, how you can claim and how much you can expect to receive.

Best wishes


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Working tax credit - how do I qualify?
    You're eligible to claim if you are:
    Aged 16 or over and work 16 hours or more a week;
    Aged 16 or over, in work and live with a disability;
    Aged 16 or over, in work and responsible for one child or more;
    Aged 25 or over and work at least 30 hours a week;
    Expected to remain in employment for a minimum of four weeks.

    Hmm, that's a bit misleading. You have to have a disability or a child in order to get working tax credit before you are 25.

    A better contact number is 0845 300 3900 too.

    Good article, other than a bit of nit-picking.
Sign In or Register to comment.