Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What a backstabbing knife-twisting bastard!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I'm angry and feeling so down it's unreal. I need someone to affirm i have good reason to be.

This mate of mine ( lets call him John ) set me up with this girl i really really like ( lets call her Beth ). John got Beth and I close together, as we both really really like each other.
Now Beth recently got out of a nasty relationship where she got hurt and she'd had plenty of heartache in previous relationship. She is enjoying bing single and when i asked her out ( after our feelings for each other spilled out ) she said she just isnt ready for that yet and wants some time single, thats fair enough.

Now we get to this weekend, John is gay and thats pretty well known. Friday night, we both get some booze into us and after us all laghing about ( we're all in this static caravan and theres about 7 of us ) he tells me he fancies Beth. He tells me this while shes fast asleep on my lap with our hands entwined. When i asked why he said "because shes pretty and smart etc."
Now Beth is a really affectionate girl, shes really really nice but John is taking advantage of this fact, he gets her to stroke his hair etc and holds her hand.
Now this visably pisses me off to the point everyone is asking me whats up with me and i leave the caravan and go into the main house.
Saturday, shes back round and her and I lying on this sofabed listening to her ipod, John comes in and gets into his sleeping bag and lies down beside us on her side, he then holds her hand despite me having my arm round her and holding the other. So i i give myself a serious mental "WTF" and just leave again, she has to go home around quarter to 1 in the morning and I walk her round to make sure she's safe as there is a lot of scum about.
So I walk in at one and shes fast asleep, and he's all curled up in her.
I wake her up and tell her it's time to go then i come back after taking her home and i just chill out for the next few hours until I goto sleep and thats the end of my fucking shit weekend of heartache.

What's pissing me off here is:
John is fully gay yet decides now is the best time for him to fancy the girl who HE SET ME UP WITH and he full on knows we both really really like each other.

He's taking advantage of her affectionateness(sp?) to essentially, fuel his fantasy.

Since i'm not going out with Beth, I cant say "knock that off", not my place and i realise that but he should know what he is doing isn't right. Not even at all.

any advice or comments?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would of given him a slap to be honest
    I would of given him a slap to be honest

:yes:
    I wouldnt do that as im not a violent person, im semi-withdrawn, quiet etc.
    How old are you lot? just coz u said she has to be in at 1.
    softworld wrote: »
    I wouldnt do that as im not a violent person, im semi-withdrawn, quiet etc.

how about getting someone else to give him a slap?
    16/17 She usually stays with the rest of us but it's proper cold and we dont have any method of heating this caravan yet so her parents want her back around 1ish.

@CheeseOnToast: wont work either. :p
    i think you need to talk to him and ask him what he is playing at! he is being out of order!
    ah, the good old "I am gay, but you might be the girl who sets me straight."-trick. A good one...

Tell John he's an asshole and talk to beth, she somehow has to decide between you both anyway.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    ah, the good old "I am gay, but you might be the girl who sets me straight."-trick. A good one...

lol

Ask this geezer what He thinks He's playing at. You were there first after all.

Also Beth may not even consider John a potenial boyfriend as He's "gay".
    i agree with the slapping idea :chin:
    I think john fancies you and so is using her to make you feel bad!
    lipsy wrote: »

intriguing...

and I thought I drew every possibility into account.
    lipsy wrote: »

hilarious. No seriously, problem is this guy is one of my best mates. But he's macking on my ( potential ) girl!
    softworld wrote: »
    hilarious. No seriously, problem is this guy is one of my best mates. But he's macking on my ( potential ) girl!

dude, this is not even a joke... why shouldn't it be possible. I have a gay friend and am working with him together in lab (chemistry student) and he said that he thinks [mutual friend] looks kinda good...

which means nothing in that case.... but hey..
    He can probably get away with crossing normal boundaries because beth doesn't see his cuddling etc. as anything more than friendly, because he's gay - why would he be interested in her?

I think if everyone is under the impression he's gay, and then he actually fancies beth and is trying to get close to her - he's using her ignorance of his real feelings to get close to her. Very cloak and dagger.

Whilst it is shitting on you completely - I wouldn't go after a mates girl (or one he was interested in) because mates come first - it's also not fair on beth because in a way she's being used.

Of course, if you kick off - you know he's just going to play the 'we're only friends! I'm gay ffs' card and everyone will judge you while they cuddle poor John.

I'm very well aware of individuals who manipulate situations to make themselves look as the victim perpetually, and know a 'beth' who got seriously fucked up by all this going on around her. John got all the attention in the end though.

My advice, is well err. Find someone else? And find some new friends, cos john's a twat.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    He can probably get away with crossing normal boundaries because beth doesn't see his cuddling etc. as anything more than friendly, because he's gay - why would he be interested in her?

I think if everyone is under the impression he's gay, and then he actually fancies beth and is trying to get close to her - he's using her ignorance of his real feelings to get close to her. Very cloak and dagger.

Whilst it is shitting on you completely - I wouldn't go after a mates girl (or one he was interested in) because mates come first - it's also not fair on beth because in a way she's being used.

Of course, if you kick off - you know he's just going to play the 'we're only friends! I'm gay ffs' card and everyone will judge you while they cuddle poor John.

I'm very well aware of individuals who manipulate situations to make themselves look as the victim perpetually, and know a 'beth' who got seriously fucked up by all this going on around her. John got all the attention in the end though.

My advice, is well err. Find someone else? And find some new friends, cos john's a twat.

Thanks for this, I plan on having a word with John tomorrow and probably Beth as well. I know for a fact, he'd pull that card to save his own skin and make me look like a total dickhead.