Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your biggest film disappointment?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What's the film that has disappointed you most? Not the worst film you've seen, but the one that you were looking forward to most until about half an hour in when you wanted to die.

Mine has to be the Matrix Reloaded. What a pile of shite. Even the fight scenes were dull.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Aye the Matrix sequels were dire, as was The Day After Tomorrow. Pointless, stupid film.
  • Options
    That one about the internet, and 'things' coming through mega broadband. The Pulse i think it was called. And Saw IV.
  • Options
    Woody Allen's "Hannah and her Sister" - guess I wasn't in the right farme of mind because his films are usually pretty good.
  • Options
    There was a drama on TV once where I was an extra, out of all the scenes I was in I manged to catch a brief glimpse of myself in a crowd.

Gutted :(
  • Options
    Without any doubt in the world - The Phantom Menace
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Aye the Matrix sequels were dire, as was The Day After Tomorrow. Pointless, stupid film.

Totally agree 'the day after tomorrow' was hyped up to be hit film of the year and i was very disappointed when i watched it, i've seen better
  • Options
    recently was I am legend.

both matrix sequels were turd as well.

im sure there's loads more.
  • Options
    ]recently was I am legend.

Ah i wanted to see that i guess i won't bother :lol:
  • Options
    Unbreakable. The trailer was great, from what I remember, the first 5 minutes were great, and then it was just dull.

Also, that one with the kid from Sixth Sense, when he was a robot child.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Unbreakable. The trailer was great, from what I remember, the first 5 minutes were great, and then it was just dull.

Also, that one with the kid from Sixth Sense, when he was a robot child.

i love unbreakable, thought it was a great film, certainly M. Night Shyamalan's best movie in my eyes.

AI, however was crap, but to be fair, it looked crap to begin with
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Spider Man 3.

I really liked Matrix Reloaded (infact I went to see it at the cinema twice) :p Although I don't think it was anywhere near as good as the first and fell asleep half way through the third. The third Austin Powers film was also a major let down - Ok, I know they're not the best of films, but the first two were good fun, the third just gave me a really, really bad headache. (I was probably getting old by then.)
  • Options
    "The Simpsons" utter poo!!!
  • Options
    recently was I am legend.

I couldnt believe they took 28 days later and then made it crap.....on that line of thinking....anyone seen 28 weeks later? I wanted gouge my eyeballs out. Stupid americans thinking guns and explosions are the way forward.

</rant>
  • Options
    The English Patient for me.
  • Options
    Matrix II hands down.

I was also crying blood over how painful Matrix III was but I wasn't AS disappointed because after the shite II was I was already worried III would be trash as well. Which it was.