Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shoes for walking/jogging/running in.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you guys help me out? I'm after some general purpose running shoes, preferably black!

I usually power walk in my CROCS because they're shock absorbent but mine have been worn vigorously everyday for the last two years, so they're pretty done in! So today I wore my moped trainers, but they're pretty heavy duty so not really suitable.

I've also got dodgy knees and a dodgy ankle so I'm quite happy to spend a bit, but not 100s as I'm on a real tight budget!

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried going into a half decent sports shop?

You can get quite a few trainer styles in black and that way you should get ones that fit you well and suit the purpose. As a general guide you usually get decent sports trainers for less than poser brand fashion ones.
  • Options
    jjb had some Asics in their sale last time i went in.
  • Options
    I've always been a fan of Adidas. Always had them for sports and exercising. Their athletic shoes are so light and comfortable and I find many of them have very supporative arches without adding anything to them. And definatly decent priced compared to some athletic shoes. Right now I even have an outdoors hiking athletic shoe for working out (becuase it was on sale :p) but its still so light and comfortable you wouldn't even know it was a hiking shoe except for the soul.