Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

feeling unloved

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey there

this might sound like a reaaaally stupid thing but lately my boyfriend has just seemed really offish to me... it's like, when we're together we're great, but at the moment it's like we hardly ever see each other because he's usually out with his friends and drinking with them and stuff... and if i go out with sme of my friends he got really jealous cos there was this guy there that he didnt trust...

it's like i've done something wrong but i dont know what and i tried talking to himbut he said that there's nothing wrong, but i feel like this relationship is one sided and that i'm the one doing the organising to see each other.. i just dont think i have the strength to keep on doing this but i really love and cant see myself without him :( can anyone help pls??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont want to put this idea in your head but when this happened to me, he had someone else!

Hopefully this isnt the case and just try be strong!

x
    the thought has been in my head but i'm trying to push it to one side until there's proof if ya no what i mean? i hope it isnt the case... dont know what i would do then!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    How long have you been together? Are you sure you arent overeacting/imagining it?

You need to sit him down and talk it through, otherwise it will just gnaw away at you.

I dont want to worry you, but perhaps be prepared to hear something you dont like.
    well we only have been together for 2 months which isnt very long i know but we've been seeing each other for about 6 months if that makes any sense :confused:

maybe i am just imagining and overreacting... i dont know i just get so mad with myself for doubting him yet the doubts are still there :banghead:

a talk is in need... although i'm not sure when we will next see each other... which makes this harder
    robz wrote: »
    well we only have been together for 2 months which isnt very long i know but we've been seeing each other for about 6 months if that makes any sense :confused:

maybe i am just imagining and overreacting... i dont know i just get so mad with myself for doubting him yet the doubts are still there :banghead:

a talk is in need... although i'm not sure when we will next see each other... which makes this harder

I am confused sorry.

Do you mean you were friends before? Or that you hadnt actually become bf and gf until 2 months ago?

Yeah a talk is in need, I agree, but I worry that if you cant arrange to meet him for 30mins to discuss it you have serious problems hun.
    we been seeing each other for about 6 months but only been official for about 2... if that makes it anymore clearer??
    robz wrote: »
    we been seeing each other for about 6 months but only been official for about 2... if that makes it anymore clearer??

yeah it does.

But I stick to my initial advice, you have to talk to him.
    when i acted like this with my boyfriend it was because i wasnt really interested anyone but couldnt be bothered to end it. i know that sounds harsh but its how i felt! plus he never bothered to ask me what was wrong!

talk to your boyfriend...find out what is wrong...tell him how you feel
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    ...he had someone else!

x

exactly what I was thinking...

Obviously only time will tell, hope for the best, but expect the worst.
    well apparently there is no one else because i talked to him and he said that he is getting really fed up with all these guys hitting on me when they all know that I am going out with him... I still dont get it though and still feels like he doesnt trust me that much although he says that he does... Most of my recent relationships have always ended around this time in the relationship so maybe I'm being paranoid about this and making things worse for myself? I dont know...
    Just dont keep accusing him because he's low anyway and this will push him away.

All I can say is, if he's gonna cheat he'll cheat regardless so just try and be happy when you do see him.
    yeah, i'm always happy when i do get to see him and spend time with him... i'm just gonna try not to think about all the negatives in teh relationship atm and try concentrate on all the positives that we have... hopefully something will come right after a while...

thanks for all the comments and thoughts guys... you gave me alot to think about!!