Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Independent's "Cooper Brown"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
He isn't 'real', is he? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Yes, he does exist. He even has his own entry on Wikipedia. See here.
  • Options
    I had already read the Wikipedia entry. The bit that states 'Categories: Fictional Americans' would suggest he isn't!!
    Cooper Brown (born October 6, 1966, Eureka, California) is a fictional columnist for the Independent newspaper in the United Kingdom. Brown is also a movie Producer and runs the Production Company (Gonzoballs Inc) in Soho UK. Brown also has a book coming out next year entitled "I Do It My Way" (Gonzo Press)

You don't actually have a clue what I'm talking about though do you SG, you just googled him!
  • Options
    Why ask if he's real if you've already read the Wikipedia entry? Pretty rude reply too.
  • Options
    Scott. wrote: »
    Pretty rude reply too.

Errr, and? I was looking for an answer, or perhaps a debate about it, from someone who actually knows what I'm talking about. I think I can google something before asking a question on a forum.
  • Options
    Good luck with that debate ;)
  • Options
    Who rattled your cage, Scott?

Anyway, I want to know who he is. There was never any way he could've been a real bloke, too good a sense of irony and sarcasm to be American ;) Very readable and funny though, shame the same can't be said for the rest of the paper...
  • Options
    Nobody, just thought the reply was uncalled for.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    You don't actually have a clue what I'm talking about though do you SG, you just googled him!
    Of course I did. If you knew anything whatsoever about me, you'd know that I loathe like The Independent. Suggestion of the day - buy a proper newspaper instead.