Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to chill out?

Hey people.

I've noticed that lately when something is bothering me, I keep thinking about it, too much at times. It gets on my nerves because I do obsess about it all the time.

Is there any suggestions on how I can chill out a bit?

thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's all dependent on your character really I suppose. I have to rationalise things before I can loosen up, or do something productive to alleviate the stress of what I'm working i.e. do 1000 words of an essay I'm worrying about, or like I worry about money a lot so looking over my accounts and deciding how much dosh I have till the end of the month, or as of recently, ask the questions to people who are withholding answers so it can be something off my mind.

What do you get stressed out about?
  • Options
    Welcome to my world. I've been like this since I was about five years old. I just end up telling myself not to worry about something, that I've done as much as I can about the situation and there's not much more I can control about it. I then bugger off and do something else. The one thing that I use to get away from problems - at least temporarily - is music. That's the one thing I use to calm nerves and channel energy into something more productive.
  • Options
    Talking it out can help as you see things from someone else point of view.

Or distract yourself, music, a good book, watching a film, uni work or playing computer games can all distract you from obbessing over things.
  • Options
    Distract yourself. music, a good book, watching a film, uni work or playing computer games can all distract you from obbessing over things.

All excellent suggestions and I do all of those already. Its only at night or when I go to bed that I can't sleep because thats when I start thinking.

I get the feeling though that I am worrying over nothing because I feel a bit funny about stuff like health, lmy families health to be more specific and a good example is my student loan money, I feel bad for spending it.
  • Options
    i like to have a note book by my bed so i write down all the important things that i keep thinking about (they are normally things i need to do)

lavender oil may also help....have you tried reading a fantasy book before going to sleep? something that isn't too deep, discworld might be a good idea
  • Options
    i like to have a note book by my bed so i write down all the important things that i keep thinking about (they are normally things i need to do)

lavender oil may also help....have you tried reading a fantasy book before going to sleep? something that isn't too deep, discworld might be a good idea

:yes: All good ideas. Reading something light before bed can help you unwind and not think about things.

I find hugging something at night as I go to sleep quite soothing as well. Pillows (and teddies but you dont want that option!) are good.