Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost my mojo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you ever go through phases, where you have no interest in hooking up, or getting laid?

Sounds silly, but I go through phases of thinking "oh, I'm straight now" when I don't actually fancy anyone at all.

Maybe it's the stress atm.

Comments

• Options
    im not sure i understand the question, are you saying you changed your sexuality and now dont find anyone attractive?

if so are you sure it was the right choice?

or are you saying you just have no passion for sex? in which case maybe it is the stress, or maybe you just dont need it because theres nooone who takes your fancy.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Do you ever go through phases, where you have no interest in hooking up, or getting laid?

Yup. I'm way too busy and stressed at the moment. Don't worry about it. I doubt your sexuality will change because you're stressed. You've probably just got other things on your mind, like work or whatever.
  • Options
    yes, does happen... I'm in one of those phases right now. I wonder if this is a good thing or not. I hope I'm not becoming asexual.
  • Options
    im not sure i understand the question, are you saying you changed your sexuality and now dont find anyone attractive?

if so are you sure it was the right choice?

or are you saying you just have no passion for sex? in which case maybe it is the stress, or maybe you just dont need it because theres nooone who takes your fancy.
    You don't "change" your sexuality no...

It's just that in my phases, which I guess are more "asexual", well I feel straight...

I think.

Tbh, I have no desire to do anyone...
  • Options
    You don't "change" your sexuality no...

It's just that in my phases, which I guess are more "asexual", well I feel straight...

I think.

Tbh, I have no desire to do anyone...

i thought that would be the case, i just thought sexuality was one, t'other or both, i've never really heard of people moving their urges.

i'm not really up on sexuality stuff to be honest as i've not been anything other than straight.

but i know people go through different stages of needing or wanting it depending on what else is going on in their lives, i'm sure its nothing to be worried about and it'll all come back sooner or later!!

good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    i thought that would be the case, i just thought sexuality was one, t'other or both, i've never really heard of people moving their urges.

i'm not really up on sexuality stuff to be honest as i've not been anything other than straight.

but i know people go through different stages of needing or wanting it depending on what else is going on in their lives, i'm sure its nothing to be worried about and it'll all come back sooner or later!!

good luck :thumb:

Blimey all my friends seem to be changing all their sexuality on what feels like a daily basis - i'm quite confused - but I guess I should be less confused and just think that they are all bi or something - hummmmm
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Blimey all my friends seem to be changing all their sexuality on what feels like a daily basis - i'm quite confused - but I guess I should be less confused and just think that they are all bi or something - hummmmm
    The moment one labels themselves, they are confined by their label (hence I never label myself as bisexual, gay, leaning more towards women, heteroflexible ect). It's a dangerous thing to do and sadly, some gay women are happy to shun somebody who previously ID'd as lesbian and then fell in love with a man.

I think that it does confuse people when a friend changes who it is... Some people can be so anal (not you, you seem lovely :) )... I guess that certain individuals can feel pressured into pigeon holing themselves in to something that others feel they can figure out. Sad really...
  • Options
    Thanks. :)

Yeah, it's probably to do with a sexless stage I'm in and the stresses around me at the moment.

(Although I feel a crush may emerge from meeting a rather lovely, albeit talkative individual last night.. Wow, pretty.)
  • Options
    Probably is stress like.

I've always been a horny fucker. :naughty:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Probably is stress like.

I've always been a horny fucker. :naughty:

Even when stressed?

Maybe I should have a wank.

Maybe you should...

Fuck it, let's all wank together.
  • Options
    Even when stressed?

Maybe I should have a wank.

Maybe you should...

Fuck it, let's all wank together.

Masturbation helps relieve stress. It's a good idea, go for it. :thumb:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Masturbation helps relieve stress. It's a good idea, go for it. :thumb:

It improves concentration too.
  • Options
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »

The site won't load...

Does it have boobies?
  • Options
    The site won't load...

Does it have boobies?

no, just sun-proof blinds, 40kg overweight and a neckbeard.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    no, just sun-proof blinds, 40kg overweight and a neckbeard.

Sounds like my ex.
  • Options
    To be honest i get like it a lot of the time. I find that stress does add to it as you're just so knackered/busy/down that making the effort just seems too much of a faff. Plus the fact i haven't really met anyone recently that even makes me want to bother. God don't you hate it when you just have no-one to fancy :no:
  • Options
    Wow that's exactly how I feel. I'm relieved I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    HunnyPot wrote: »
    Wow that's exactly how I feel. I'm relieved I'm not the only one.

heellllloooooooooo!!!!