Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

human - animal hybrids

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7187168.stm
The government's bill attempts to update the current rules on the use of embryos for research in light of recent scientific advances.
i wonder how many more times they will update it in the light of what science can do... and what the results will be :eek:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't see any problem whatsoever. So long as they don't plan to let the embryo develop (which they don't), then it's all dandy with me.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, I was looking for some Centaurs. I am disapointed in this topic, it isn't on Centaur rights.

Anyway, I see no problem with this research. Hopefully the twunts won't block it.
    i was hoping for a minotaur
    or a faun :heart:
    While we are debating the ethics of this type of research, what's the bet that the Chinese have already cloned a human, I wonder?
    yeah like they need cloning!!

only one clone per person mind!
    like from the fly!!
    wow. I'm actually pretty fascinated by this, although it's slightly eerie at the same time!

:lol: brilliant.

:lol: I am sure they wouldn't clone for the sake of increasing their population. How about cloning for spare parts? :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Teagan wrote: »
    While we are debating the ethics of this type of research, what's the bet that the Chinese have already cloned a human, I wonder?
    Some people say that the first human clone is about 10 years old now, and is of Walt Disney. No idea what makes them say that.
    Some people say that the first human clone is about 10 years old now, and is of Walt Disney. No idea what makes them say that.
    A loose screw, perhaps?
    We cant sustainably keep the number of humans we have alive on the planet, I think we should be thinking of ways to reduce the population not increase it.

Either that or we should try and find somewhere to run away to when we really bugger up earth.
    budda wrote: »
    We cant sustainably keep the number of humans we have alive on the planet, I think we should be thinking of ways to reduce the population not increase it.

World War 3?
    World War 3?

Seems a reasonable idea, a few nukes would probably block out quite a bit of the sun and lower the temperature nicely for us.