Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

...Really liking a boy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I totally fancy this boy... And I'm doing all my mates heads in about it so maybe this will help? I hate posting on these things cos it would be so mortifiying if they saw it... Does that ever happen though? People seeing it?

Basically I met him at a party in like... March. And I didn't think he was all that but he clearly thought I was, then I talked to him more and realised he was funny and clever. I had a boyfriend at the time but as I didn't really fancy this guy I figured we could be friends and so we were for awhile, although I was pretty sure he liked me - I figured he was like that with all girls, he was dating rather a few while we were friends.
Anyway, we were at this party, really wasted. He told me that he wished he was my boyfriend, and that I was amazing looking and he said he'd like to marry me one day and stuff. I ended up going back to his house to watch movies and fell asleep with him, and he was such a gentleman and didn't try it on or anything.
Then at a festival we had a massive arguement which was totally my fault, I was being a massive bitch and really vindictive and nasty. But I think I was just freaked that he clearly really liked me and my plan of us being friends had obviously failed and I liked him back.
I broke up with my boyfriend over other stuff. And the other guy hated me cos I was so horrible to him. Then a few months ago I saw him out at a party, and he shouted at me loads cos of the festival and we argued and I told him I liked him, and I stayed round his house, but we didn't have sex cos it just seemed a bit odd. But the kisses were well sweet.
....This bit is gonna make you think I'm an idiot. Instead of being cool, I sent him needy rubbish girly texts the next day, was rude and bitchy again and basically had a go at him for everything for no reason.

That was basically that - there was another arguement when we bumped into each other where he said that he felt he didn't even know me now. I hate it cos when he really liked me, that was probably the most myself I've felt comfortable enough to be, but when I acted like a bunny boiler - thats not me at all. He didn't talk to me for awhile but now he's nice to me when i see him out and all that, and sometimes I reckon he looks at me like he likes me... and my friends say that he probably does, but they have to be nice don't they, and I sent him a stupid drunken email to which I got a short moody response....

But basically I still really like him, and I'm a firm believer in the feminine charms of a girl, and he clearly used to fancy me. So basically, what can I do?
Cos he's like, the only boy who gives me butterflies.

Comments

• Options
    You fancy Him, He fancies You. Go for it. Sure it not nice arguing and falling out, but the making up will be nice!!
  • Options
    ...But how, like he pretty much said after those silly texts I sent that there's no chance of him risking me making him feel miserable again...

And he was short with me in his email response... How can I go for it???
  • Options
    ...But how, like he pretty much said after those silly texts I sent that there's no chance of him risking me making him feel miserable again...

And he was short with me in his email response... How can I go for it???

Well just ask hin out for a coffee or something, say your sorry about the nasty texts, blame them on something like your gerbil had just died for instence.

When did you get this "short" e-mail anyway?
  • Options
    erm, i sent him a drunken one over christmas saying i had a dream where we kissed, then i sent one saying sorry i was drunk, sambuca, etc.

And he replied with 'if you come to my parties - please don't be rude to my friends in future'
    Which I dunno what he';s on about, but I'm guessing there's been some shit stirring going on, cos I went to a party at his and he lives with girls, and sometimes I get a bit a shy, and if they knew who I was maybe they decided to think I was being rude. You know how girls get if they think a girl hasn't treated one of their boy mates the way they feel fit!
  • Options
    He sounds like he isn't worth wasting your time on. I'd move on if I was you. If he wants you, let him come after you.
  • Options
    Well If You wan't him I suppose You'll need to explain everything and if you havent been rude to His friend explain that to, you never know what sort of things someone has said to Him.

P.S. Sambuca is a swine.

How old are you btw?
  • Options
    I'm 20, whys that?

Why do you think he's not worth my time? He's really nice and funny and clever, and emotional we were really close when we were friends, I've not been as sweet with many as I was with him... Before I was horrible to him that is.
  • Options
    I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it really does sound like you've been a bit of an eejit and if I were him I'd want to stay well away too. You've been playing him hot and cold, telling him you like him and then being nasty, swinging from extreme to extreme - that's all the behaviour us women hate about men!

I think the only answer to this is to really really take your time. Ask him out for a coffee, and talk to him about the events of the past few months - be honest and open and don't try to cover anything up or make yourself look better, because that'll be devastatingly obvious to him. Don't ask him for anything, just explain that you needed to get everything out in the open before you could make a fresh start. Then take your time. Trust takes time to build up, and you're going to have to work hard at not getting drunk and becoming obsessive over him!

I'm only saying all of this because I've behaved the way you have before, and for me it was a self-esteem issue. I used to panic and behave like a tit to cover up the fact that I was uncomfortable, and the worse I behaved the worse my self-esteem was. The best thing in a situation like this is to lay all your cards on the table and pass the power to him.

Also, tell him he's the only guy who gives you butterflies - that's lovely.
  • Options
    So you reckon if I can be nice there might be a chance I can fix it?
    I know what you mean about the self esteem thing, I just didn't understand how someone could like me so much - like he seemed to think I was really cool... So I guess I managed to make him stop liking me.
    Well, hopefully not stop liking me too much. Oh I dunno. I'm scared to ask him for coffee incase he's like, no of course not, you're a headcase.
  • Options
    should i facebook him, or wait till i see him out and then talk to him?
  • Options
    As always, talking to him face to face may be harder at the time but it will work out better in the long run.