Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Any ideas on the chance of pregnancy??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Hey,

I haven't any useful info for you butttt couldn't press the back button without saying something. I feel for you - I TOTALLY know how you feeling atm - so hugs.

Also I have been told the cheapy tests are as good as the expensive ones so mabye you can trust that negative result just a little bit more. Hope that's what you wanted!
  • Options
    Hey,

I should say the bleeding is more likely from taking the pill 3 months in a row. It is quite common for that to happen.

As for missing the odd pill then yes it is likely you could be pregnant BUT if you have taken a test then trust that for now. Give yourself a week and try another to put your mind at rest if you like.

As for imagining symptoms, that's easily done. Last month I was paranoid, my breasts felt sore, I thought I was getting fat and all sorts. It's weird that when you think things like that you can easily begin picking things out to fit the symptoms. I came on my period though and I'm sure you'll be fine.
  • Options
    Breakthrough bleeding sometimes happens when you run several packs together, but it doesn't mean that you're not pregnant.

If you've taken a test and it was negative then you're more likely to not be pregnant, but if you're still worried then take another test in a few days.

Heavy bleeding accompanied by strong stomach cramps could also be an early stage miscarriage, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here. If the bleeding gets heavier or more painful go to the doctor.

More importantly you need to start being more careful about your contraception. The MAP is not good for you. If you are forgetful and sometimes miss pills then you need to either continue to use condoms, or get a form of contraception that you don't need to remember every day. Also remember that the contraceptive pill doesn't protect you from STIs.