Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Splitting up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I made a big mistake splitting up with my now ex girlfriend the other day! We said we loved one another and at first I thought I did but as time went on I started to stop feeling that way.

When we first met we clicked straight away and it felt like we had known each other years. We just get/got on great, there was no pressure or awkwardness, no uncomfortable silences nothing like that, we were both just really comfortable in each others company, like we were best friends as well as partners.

Then the other day me and my rash decision making told her I didn't love her and didn't want a relationship, now I'm not to sure because I feel really guilty and feel like I have just lost something very close to me.

I was gonna leave it a week and then speak to her but I don't want to seem like I'm fucking her about so I'm not sure if I should leave it or try and make another go of things. I feel like I should cut my losses but then I realise how much I miss talking to her and being with her, I dunno. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    So what exactly made you split up with her scrumpy jack?
  • Options
    Hmm, sounds similar to my situation, but the other way round, and i'm a few months down the line from you.

There was obviously a reason for you breaking up, you need to have a long hard think about what it was, and whether you can realistically see this being resolved. Do you really really want to be back with her, or do you just miss the companionship and the whole "being in a relationship" thing?

You need to get your head sorted before you contact her as I'm pretty sure there's a lot of resentment on her part for being dumped, (not your fault of course, but it's unavoidable) and unless you're 100% sure you want her and want to make a go of it then don't contact her. Although you won't mean it you will be messing her about and it's not fair on her, she needs to get over you and get on with her life, and the same for you. It's very hard to do that if there's still contact.

Like I said, if you can get over whatever it was that made you want to end things then maybe treat this as the wake up call you needed to realise what you had, but make sure you're sure because it's not just your feelings that are being hurt.

Hope it all works out well for you!
  • Options
    Hey,

I made the same mistake about 2 years ago now nearly. Does she still want you back? Luckily for me my OH did. I gave myself a good week to think things over and we began to see each other again taking it really slowly so that I was making the right decision in the end. Thankfully we got back together and things have been great since. I hope you come to the right decision. I know this hasn't really given you any advice but just give yourself plenty of time and remember you are not alone.
  • Options
    My boyfriend did this to me about 2 months ago.

He said he still loved me but he started feeling funny. Like....you think of life as there's more than what's on your doorstep, and you need to go out and experience the world. How can you be sure that you're meant to settle down now? How can you be sure you aren't giving those oppoutunities up?

My advice is, you two need to talk :) Good luck
  • Options
    Simmy that is it, I guess I was a bit scared of missing out and not being able to do all the things I wanted to do.

Thanks for all the replies!