Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

automatic organ donation

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ant8700 wrote: »
    I agree! This goverment is only going one way, dictatorship (sorry about spelling) sucks, do we not have a say?

...SNIP...

Personnaly i cant bring myself to be cut up and issued out when i die, i wonder the number of people looking to emigrate has increased.
    where do we go from here?

Ant

Knowing that all your loved ones' organs are decaying with them must really be a comforting thought; much more comforting a thought than knowing they did something amazing with the organs.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I do see your points, though if any of my children were to die before myself one thing for sure is that i wont be going to theyre grave thinking of how theyre body parts are "decaying" !

im sure if the shoe was on the other foot i'd be wanting my family to get the best of help if needed,that may include organ donation, unless you've been in that position its hard to argue a point.But it MUST be a very difficult decision to make even if you are pro to donating body parts.

Donor cards are held by people who want to make that difference,therefore they would sign up to a system where theyre details would be kapt and easily accessible to say hospitals etc.

Ok its not an answer just an opinion.
    Selfishness is not an issue here, ITS YOUR LIFE, YOUR CHOICE! not the goverments they dont actually own us.

I'll decide whats best for me and my family, with theyre help of course. but it'll be us and nobody else. You decide what you want to do, but we dont live under a total dictatorship, where's our right to decide? right or wrong.

Total respect to those who are donors or have donated,im not here criticising! :thumb: