Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pale is beautiful, not something to be ashamed of

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    Don't be nasty just for the sake of it.
    Especially when its not true.

And is that Rhydian guy albino? (Honest question)

No he's actually ginger (look at his chest hair), but he dyes it white.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote: »
    Kermit, you comment was just bang out of order tbh - and I agree with DW, not even true.

In your opinion it's not true :)

1983, you look good in both photos, but you do look better pale.
  • Options
    And is that Rhydian guy albino? (Honest question)

Worse, I think he's ginger.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    In your opinion it's not true :)

Still, (even though I think the majority on the boards disagree, even if they are usually not in agreement with Ilora on what she says and does) completely uncalled for to make that comment.
    You've called lots of people ugly cunts and the likes, would that justify people bringing your looks (or lack thereof - if that's the case) into the discussion? No it wouldn't, regardless of how you try to twist it.
    Yes, not very nice to bring in a picture of someone you know to bitch about publicly, but why bring in a hurtful comment (and you know it crosses the line) that was quite irelevant to the discussion?
    From here it just looks sad and malicious - but view might be different from where you're sitting.
  • Options
    Odd. I seem to remember when Rhydian did his audition for x-factor he was in fake tan, 'cos he was orange and looked ridiculous. So I guess he can't win either way.

Personally I think either that a lot of fake tan is really rubbish, or that people don't know how to use it.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »

He'd still look less weird if he just accepted his fate.
  • Options
    i like ginger! :yes:
  • Options
    I am very pale and hate it; I always look ill or just odd. I put foundation on everyday which makes me look a bit better but mainly just live with it. When I go on holiday and tan I LOVE it, wish it would never fade. But would never reach for the fake tan bottle; don't trust myself. Sun beds are out of the question since I watched final destination so it's one of those gotta live with them things I reckon.
  • Options

oi!
  • Options
    I used to get asked if I was ill all the time which was soooo annoying. I'm so pale you can easily see my veins on my wrist and even in my hand. I think I'd look daft tanned and am happy with my natural skin tone but think a slight tan looks good sometimes..just not orange. erg
  • Options
    the thing is though i just CANT tan, i worked in spain in the blazing heat for 7 months and when i came back i was just a darker shade of pale but with lots of freckles.

You can sometimes get so many freckles that they almost join up and give the illusion of a tan :thumb:

No one should feel bad about being pale. Some people are dark skinned and tan well, and some are pasty white and the sun makes them do a rather good impression of a lobster, and it's cool either way - that's just nature. A lot of people are attracted to pale people. No, not everyone is, but you'll never be attractive to everyone.
  • Options
    He'd still look less weird if he just accepted his fate.

Well, yeah. My girlfriend tried to make me watch the X-Factor final (first time I'd seen Rydan) and I didn't have my contacts in. I was sitting about 3ft away from the TV and his hair, outfit and mannerisms made me think he was a dyke. No joke.
  • Options
    I'd never seen him before now. He has very nice skin, dying your ginger hair white and no sex before marriage are what really put me off :razz:

I have very fair skin but I do tan well, I think pale skin can be really beautiful though a tan does cover up for a multitude of sins. It's nice to have that holiday glow but I wouldn't pursue it through fake tanning or sunbeds.
  • Options
    I'm quite pale, mainly thanks to my millenium or so of bog-hopping, paddy-whacking heritage hence dark hair and fair skin. Can't say it bothers me as I generally don't hang around beaches or indeed the loathesome folk who generally inhabit them as I can't stand them.

Don't really give a shit if you're pale. Better to look pale than like you've just been tangoed.
  • Options
    You've called lots of people ugly cunts and the likes

Actually deary, I haven't, and I defy you to find a post of me insulting someone's physical appearance (not dress sense). It's something I'd never insult somebody about because you mostly can't help how you look. Besides which, I'm not daft enough to start throwing that particular stone when I know I'm nothing special myself.

I call people stupid though, because that is something you can help.
    From here it just looks sad and malicious - but view might be different from where you're sitting.

I thought the girl was quite pretty actually. She'd look a bit better if she used a bit less St Tropez but behind the orange glow she had a good face and a good figure.

I think the only thing that was "sad and malicious" was dragging someone's photo off MySpace and using it to insult them on a message board. Which is why I was the one who reported the bloody post in the first place.
  • Options
    yeah, everything comes into trend again nowadays. I could sincerely need the rediscovery of medieval times noble paleness.

If I'm naked in the snow I'm perfectly camouflaged!!! (and i hate it)

the only up side is, that not even an ant could hold onto my back :D Got the finest baby skin :)

I've been to turkey 40°C in the sun for two weeks. I came back to austria and my dad asked me if I left the hotel room once ;[
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I've been to turkey 40°C in the sun for two weeks. I came back to austria and my dad asked me if I left the hotel room once ;[

I was the actual opposite. I'm like, 1/8th's Spic and every family holiday when I was younger ended up with the locals mistaking me and my dad for locals and talking to to us in the native language 'cause of how dark we got D:
  • Options
    I think I look alright pale or with a tan... Depends what make-up I put on.

Some people don't look good pale. Some people look better pale.

It does annoy me that everyone follows the trend like sheep though, reguardless of what they personally look like.
  • Options
    I was the actual opposite. I'm like, 1/8th's Spic and every family holiday when I was younger ended up with the locals mistaking me and my dad for locals and talking to to us in the native language 'cause of how dark we got D:

well, I was actually surprised how "tanned" I returned from a 3-days festival this summer. My mother noticed it since she just saw me before I left and after I got home. On two before/after pictures you'd probably see it too with ease. But my "tanned" state has still a great resemblance with the colour of flour.
  • Options
    I use a really high factor. 25 at the absolute minimum, 45 to start off with. My heratige is Italian so I've never been worried about not tanning, but I'm more concerned with burning as the UK doesn't see as much sun as it should. I still go really dark with the higher factors, don't burn, and the tan is still there months after getting back home.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    well, I was actually surprised how "tanned" I returned from a 3-days festival this summer.

I went to Download last summer as well. Had a variety of different sleeveless T's on the whole time, which I soon learned wasn't the best idea. With regular short sleeve T's the position of the sleeve varies with the size of each different shirt, as well as when you move. With sleeveless T's, the position remains exactly the same leading to a perfect line right at the shoulder, leaving you with what looks like manequin arms D:
  • Options
    One chap I worked with once (Italian) kept saying I needed to get a tan.
    Frankly I'd rather be a bit pale than risk skin cancer sunbathing.
  • Options
    I went to Download last summer as well. Had a variety of different sleeveless T's on the whole time, which I soon learned wasn't the best idea.
    Haha same - I had one particularly tanned arm and the other was normal! Must've been the way I was sitting lol.
    I always end up with a white back as my hair covers most of it lol.
  • Options
    I'm so pale you can easily see my veins on my wrist and even in my hand.

I'm dark and can see my colour of my veins through my skin, I think it might be more a body fat thing than pale/tan thing.
  • Options

I hope you mean the hair on your head covers it. :p
  • Options
    Haha same - I had one particularly tanned arm and the other was normal! Must've been the way I was sitting lol.

Oh the poor boyfriend gets that every summer, and its quite a difference in color! Truckers arm I think they call it :p
  • Options
    I hope you mean the hair on your head covers it. :p
    Yes I meant head hair!!!!!!!!! ewww, lol.
  • Options
    I think that tanning is definitely a cultural thing--in India (where I live), they don't sell fake tans but skin lighteners (that have names like "Fair & Lovely" and the like), and you see people going around with odd, motled-looking faces and dark arms and legs. It's absurd. I think that you should just live with what you're given, because trying to change it drastically just makes you look stupid. The most important thing is to look after your skin, not to change it.
  • Options
    I only read the first few posts, but...

I love pale skin, I find it a massive turn-on when women have pale skin, can't be too pale in my opinion. Conversly, I hate overly tanned people (ie light skinned people who have a tan) and fake tans are the worst. You can kind of tell what natural skin tone someone is supposed to have, and when they go brown it just looks wrong in my opinion.

I really really wish that all those pale skinned people out there would just be happy with it. It does my head in when i'm with a girl who trys to tan up, first ly because I don't find it attractive, but also it's so dangerous. Why?!?! :rolleyes: