Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Subdermal inplants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am really really wanting to get this done, but don't know how i would go about finding somebody who does this type of thing.

Anyone have any knowledge as to how i would go about this? Also has anyone had this done themselves? If yes, what was it like?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Some body piercers do it, so you'd have to enquire about it at a few piercing places to see who does it.
  • Options
    Some body piercers do it, so you'd have to enquire about it at a few piercing places to see who does it.

Cool. I shall enquire into that when my loan arrives!!!

Anyone had it done themselves?
  • Options
    sorry to be thick but what is it?
  • Options
    It's implant things under the skin that raise it to a design you want.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Here's a snake that tried to do it Himself :http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7169174.stm
  • Options
    ive not had it done myself, and of all the places i know i dont know anywhere that does it, so it may be a bit of a search but what i will say is dont be afraid to travel to get it done. Its a little more major than a belly bar so go to the right people....hope you find somewhere.
  • Options
    ive not had it done myself, and of all the places i know i dont know anywhere that does it, so it may be a bit of a search but what i will say is dont be afraid to travel to get it done. Its a little more major than a belly bar so go to the right people....hope you find somewhere.

Thanks a lot. Going to have a proper search in the next few days
  • Options
    You might have trouble finding someone. Its fairly extreme and illegal in quite a few countries for some reason.
  • Options

There are places that do but you have to look pretty hard. The person who does it has to be pretty expericed to do it correctly.

Not a fan of implants or surface peicings personally. Far too prone to infection and rejection even if you look after them properly.
  • Options
    It's just starting to take off properly in this country. Most piercers I know or piercers around here are only learning how to do it. So yeah, just go into regular piercing places (the ones that cater to the rock scene, not the piercing of five year old girls' ears) and ask.