Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going deaf?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past few months I have been struggling to hear people, I thought I was coping quite well untill everyone in work and my boyfriend started to comment on it, my boss has said that it is interfering with my work and that i need to get it looked at, however I am scared what the Dr might say, has anyone experienced a simular thing? what do they do>?

thanks

emz

Comments

• Options
    never had anything like that, could be anything but i think it's better to get it checked out than leave it.

It might seem scary, but i reckon knowing, even if it is bad, is better, cause at least then you know what options are open to you.

Hoping its nothing serious though
  • Options
    Could be something as simple as wax build up - which is easily remedied by a good ol' syringing... better to have them looked at, and it may not be as bad as you think!
  • Options
    There have been huge advances in hearing aids in the last few years. Hearing aids are now tiny and often practically invisible and can really really improve your hearing.

Go get tested. No use suffering from hearing loss when a hearing aid could sort it all out for you.

J.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    For 8 years or so I've been having a hard time hearing people correctly, espeically in loud environments. A couple of years ago I went to a doctor about it, and indeed when it comes to certain frequencies (including ones that human voices use) my hearing is pretty down.
    It's not bad enough that I need hearing aids, but I've been considering it for a while.
  • Options
    Could be something as simple as wax build up - which is easily remedied by a good ol' syringing... better to have them looked at, and it may not be as bad as you think!

:yes: I've had this a few times this year - the first time it happened, I went toally deaf in one ear.
  • Options
    Thanks all, going to make an appointment with my Drs 2moz, will let you all know what happens :D