Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

iPod Help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know whats happened to my iPod nano ?

I was using my iPod as usual and put it back in my pocket when i was finished. Now i didnt use it for a couple of days, but when I turned it on again to use there is a little safe with a combination lock password on it. WTF :shocking:

I never put that one, hence the reason I dont know what the combination is. I didnt do it while I was drunk either or it would have been my bank pin number.

This happened to anyone else? or anyone know how to sort it out, I cant listen to my iPod :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its locked. unless you changed the original code, it should be somewhere in the handbook that came with it.
    otter wrote: »
    its locked. unless you changed the original code, it should be somewhere in the handbook that came with it.

Shit, Its probably been recycled into bog roll by now. Do you think Apple will help?
    yeh that happened me and i couldnt get it fixed!...didnt try apple though...
    I had this happen to a mate once, the combination through a lucky guess was 1234
    Try restoring the orginal firmware that should nock it out
    MrG wrote: »
    thats the code that apple sets into all ipods so unless the OP has changed it - that code should work...
    Haha the other day I had to unlock some software on my phone and it asked for a PIN so I tried 1234 and it worked :cool:

It's nearly always the default pin, so try it. If not, go to an apple store, they should help. But apple have a bad reputation for saying you need a new hard drive, charging you 5 times the price other sellers do, and then selling your old one on (and they'll have given you a refurbished one anyway). But that's Macs, so you can see what they say in the shop. Try 1234.
    CoolMe wrote: »
    Try restoring the orginal firmware that should nock it out

That will work, i've got an Ipod touch and doing the whole jail break thing moving from one firmware to another, even previous is very easy + Nocks out anything that was on there before (settings)
    I connected it to my laptop and just restored factory defaults and thats done the trick. Cheers peeps :thumb:
    Does anyone here use an Olympus DM-10 / DM-20 digital voice recorder? They're like MP3 players but geared towards dictation and voice recognition (like Dragon). I had a few customers ring my helpdesk with problems that their Olympus have become locked. The only way out was to perform a hard reset by sticking a biro or straightened paperclip into the reset hole.

I know that Creative Zen players have a reset hole as well. Same probably go with iPods too.

On a slightly different note, various laptop manufacturers tend to password-protect their BIOS. Look in the manual though because they will state the code. On most computers I've come across, the password was 000000.