Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is everyone doing for NYE?

We're a gang which celebrate new years together every year (with extended friends, all depending on who is hosting), so basically I am off to a dinner party and then drinking 'til dawn if my cold will allow it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was meant to be going away to Manchester for a couple of days to celebrate the new year with some friends. (they all seem to be living there at the moment, for some reason) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to be happening now. Someone is intent on shitting on me from a great distance above, it seems.

If I'm at home, I will probably be doing absolutely nothing. That said, there's quite a lot of alcohol in the house right now, which should help. Usually, it's just my mum's wine bottles, and the wine she likes tastes like something that was taken out of a lavatory pan.
    I'm going out in Leeds to a night called Technique and Asylum, at a club called The Space. Haven't been out in Leeds before as moved to Huddersfield recently so should be interesting! My lil sis is coming to stay and she wants to try her first pill that night...................!!! Hope she likes it!000000
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Working at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, it's going to be broadcast live on Virgin Radio.

my NYE is gonna suck ;[
    I'll be at a party my close friend is hosting. Gonna be drunk, really drunk. Drunk and looking for a lady to 'snogg' (it is 'snogg' right?) at midnight.

Be the first time ever if I can manage it. :cool:
    (it is 'snogg' right?)

Just the one 'g' on snog AARJ :)

I hate New Year. I'll be staying in for the first time ever and I know I'll love every minute of it.

I hate the politics of organising New Year. I hate the sly way people ask what you're doing so that they can work out whether they have to hide the the fact they're having a party and you're not invited. I hate the counting down to midnight. The best New Year ever was at our local pub a few years ago when the landlord forgot to count down and it was 00:04 on January 1st before anyone noticed! I hate how you have to hold hands with people you don't know or like and sing a song that nobody knows the words to whilst pretending to be all happy and joyful when really you're just dreading the next bit... kissing people you don't know, don't like or who smell like a brewery and/or taste of vomit. Eurgh. It's not a problem for me to kiss and hug my nearest and dearest, but I am not one of these people who can sidle up to mere acquaintances, wrap my arms around them and plant a smacker on their lips or cheek. It just isn't me, and most years I rush to the loo as soon as the first verse of Auld Lang Syne has finished just to avoid the cringing pleasantries.
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    Just the one 'g' on snog AARJ :)

I hate New Year. I'll be staying in for the first time ever and I know I'll love every minute of it.

I hate the politics of organising New Year. I hate the sly way people ask what you're doing so that they can work out whether they have to hide the the fact they're having a party and you're not invited. I hate the counting down to midnight. The best New Year ever was at our local pub a few years ago when the landlord forgot to count down and it was 00:04 on January 1st before anyone noticed! I hate how you have to hold hands with people you don't know or like and sing a song that nobody knows the words to whilst pretending to be all happy and joyful when really you're just dreading the next bit... kissing people you don't know, don't like or who smell like a brewery and/or taste of vomit. Eurgh. It's not a problem for me to kiss and hug my nearest and dearest, but I am not one of these people who can sidle up to mere acquaintances, wrap my arms around them and plant a smacker on their lips or cheek. It just isn't me, and most years I rush to the loo as soon as the first verse of Auld Lang Syne has finished just to avoid the cringing pleasantries.

haha, what you said :thumb:
    Erm. I don't know. I am more than likely working both NYE and NYD, since I was on holiday over Christmas. Rich is coming to sunny Essex though, which'll be fun. I hate New Year anyway. Bah.
    im dressing up as a motherfucking fairy
    Staying in, consuming far too much vodka and hunting down one of best friends for a catch up because I've hardly spoken to them all week because we've both been busy.
    Well I WAS planning on going to a house party in Bristol but that's all gone tits up thanks to my useluss friend who was fucking around with one of the hosts and now we're very firmly 'NOT invited'. Hmm.

Either stay in London or go to the Bierkeller in Bristol for some good rock and metal.
    We're going to have a game night and I think theres plans of going to a few of us girls houses to have something traditional to each of our cultures. Theres four so there will be Japanese, Korean, Polish, and unfortunatly for me, I have Irish and the only recipes I can find have cabbage and potatos. Yummy butt fuel for new years :p Shall be fun anwyays, I'll probably use the man and use his Polish heritage to find something better to serve :p
    I'm off to Norway tonight, so will be celebrating with friends in Oslo :)
    My new years plans have changed so much this year, first a club then a party but now I doubt I will go anywhere as I don't feel up to it, so just me and an early night.:rolleyes:
    get plastered and find a party

usual story :thumb:
    Staying at home =|
    Never actually done anything for new year, but I think next year I'd like to do something for a change. Although people here always tend to stay in on new year's, so not really missing anything decent..
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I never get invited anywhere (and if I am it probably involves clubbing :yuck: so I have to say no) so I guess I'll be alone at home...
    Maybe I'll go to the city centre and see if anything's happening in the square, not sure...
    House party, tbh. Going out for New Years is rubbish and expensive and totally devoid of taxis.
    I'm skinted unfortunately so i'll either just stay in (nye is very overrated and overcharged imo anyway) or may just grab a few bevvies in the local with a couple of mates
    My friend had a baby 3 weeks ago and coz she'll be on her own otherwise I'm gonna chill with her and we'll see it in together then she's gonna cook me dinner on new years day :D I'm working 9 - 6 tomorrow though :(
    i'm working, it's double pay. :) I actually volunteered to work and swapped with a 17 year old who desperately wanted to go to a party.

I'm not fussed about NY to be honest. I've done my share of going out and snogging randoms.

I'm only doing the box office tomorrow so I get to sit down and also wear whatever I want. Think I will take home around £80 for the night and get a free cab home.
    Im terribly worried about writing 07 on things for dates, as opposed to what will be the new in thing of 08.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    kaffrin wrote: »
    House party, tbh. Going out for New Years is rubbish and expensive and totally devoid of taxis.
    I totally agree! The problem is that in my "house" there's only me and my mum and she goes out after the change, and there's no one to invite me to theirs.
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    Working at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, it's going to be broadcast live on Virgin Radio.

my NYE is gonna suck ;[
    i left you and kevin a message at work today...tell me if you get it

me and wheresmyplacebo and our group of mates are going to the dirtiest rock bar in east london to the klub requiem vampire masqueade ball, which will be really good! i've spent ages getting myself ready, i've made my own dress and cloak, and i'm getting myself all tarted up tomorrow
    my NYE plans have been changing on a daily basis. the current plan is go out for a few drinks during the day tomorrow with the lads, then all split up to go to various things, im coming home to my gf and we're gonna have a bit of a buffet tea and have a few bottles of wine.

no town for me on NYE this year, thank god. save money and a few years of my life.
    Town I think, here it's just full of 16 year olds throwing bottles but we'll see what happens.

I pulled on Thursday night when I was steaming and sort of agreed to phone her at the stroke of midnight (I don't know either), but I text her last night and she's not replied. Lol.
    i hate new year. people always ask what you are doing and i never have anything to do and i look such a loser when people ask.

i shall sit at home, doing nothing, getting more and more depressed.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The way things are going financially it may be nothing but finishing the alcohol stash in the fridge in front of the telly.
    JsT wrote: »
    The way things are going financially it may be nothing but finishing the alcohol stash in the fridge in front of the telly.
    i recomend jools holland's thing....i speak from experience
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    i recomend jools holland's thing....i speak from experience
    Oh god! How depresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssing.

Be sure you think of me when your all dressed up getting pissed and snogging randomers :(
    Nothing. I am in too much pain atm. (teeth are coming through) :(