Best £5.8m ever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru

    what they dont tell you is that he was seriously goaded

    im not saying its a mitigating factor in any case, but they do get a hell of a lot more grief than you and i, and thats just when they are playing, regardless of how much they earn
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    what they dont tell you is that he was seriously goaded
    :yes: but just because he was provoked it doesn't excuse what he did.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    what they dont tell you is that he was seriously goaded

    im not saying its a mitigating factor in any case, but they do get a hell of a lot more grief than you and i, and thats just when they are playing, regardless of how much they earn

    And you can almost understand on the odd occasion that they do react, but a couple of punches to a cheeky Scouse scally isn't going to get you remanded.

    Sounds serious to me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you're about to go in front of a judge charged with one assault, you should really be on your best behaviour. Every few months we seem to get another one of these incidents, and afterwards he's always "going to change" or "misunderstood." Sorry, but I'm well happy with the £5.8m we got for him. Martin Petrov plus change.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's really not a stretch of the imagination when you hear that his brother is locked up for murder...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    what they dont tell you is that he was seriously goaded

    Like he was when he stubbed out his cigar in a youth players face, you mean?

    The kid needs psych help IMHO
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He needs to admit he's in the wrong for a start. Watching and hearing interviews with him, he sounds like the most self-pitying little shit I've ever seen to be honest. It's never his fault and the media are out to get him all the time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Biggest cunt in football today, and by the sounds of it an all-round unpleasant dipshit. Here's hoping he will reflect a little on his ways in the next few days.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thing is, he is provoked every time he goes out. I'd flip if every time I went out on the time I was abused like he is. I'd flip if I had horrible jokes made about my family, even if my family was a racist murderer. The CCTV shows what happened.

    He's been remanded more because of who he is rather than for what he did. Yet another lets-play-at-being-a-judge moron Magistrate who wants to get her mug in the paper has done it for him. I've seen people do much worse, and have more previous, and still get bailed. But Mrs Magistrate gets knock the Premiershit footballer down a peg or two and get her mug in the daily paper at the same time. Result!

    That doesn't excuse anything though. If he was a professional he'd stay in the hotel bar and have a quiet beer and then go to bed at 11 o'clock in his teddy bear pyjamas. If they're out to get you then you stay out of their way. You don't see this kind of thing happen to Paul Scholes because he's sensible and he goes home to his wife and kids at 10pm.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    Thing is, he is provoked every time he goes out.
    comes with the territory of being a pro. if he can't handle it may be he is in the wrong profession.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    otter wrote: »
    comes with the territory of being a pro. if he can't handle it may be he is in the wrong profession.

    so its ok for the professionals to get the torrid abuse they often receive from the stands everyweek

    theres press attention for being famous, which you have to put up with, but theres only so much that you should have to take no matter who you are
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    so its ok for the professionals to get the torrid abuse they often receive from the stands everyweek

    no. its not okay but unfortunately it does happen a lot. - there are many footballers in exactly the same situation but don't react the same way as barton did. but there are ways of dealing with it that don't involve resorting to assaulting someone. you have to learn to turn the other cheek. its not okay but it is part and parcel of football these days and if a player is unable to deal with that then maybe they shouldn't be in football.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    otter wrote: »
    no. its not okay but unfortunately it does happen a lot. - there are many footballers in exactly the same situation but don't react the same way as barton did. but there are ways of dealing with it that don't involve resorting to assaulting someone. you have to learn to turn the other cheek. its not okay but it is part and parcel of football these days and if a player is unable to deal with that then maybe they shouldn't be in football.

    how far do we go though, where we end up at the point that a footballer doesnt get the same protections within the legal system, just because he is a professional.

    i think kermit hit the nail on the head, i myself have known people do worse and end up on bail, the judge has done it simply to make a point.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    the judge has done it simply to make a point.

    may be it is a worthwhile point to make. people are supposed to be able to look up to idols - he's a famous footballer who was already on bail for a previous assault as i understand it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well you say he's a footballer, ive yet to see (recently) evidence of this fact ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    otter wrote: »
    comes with the territory of being a pro. if he can't handle it may be he is in the wrong profession.

    Sorry but that is bollocks. Nurses face abuse and violence every day, should we accept that because it's the profession they are in. Of course not.

    Kermit hit the point more when he talked about Paul Scholes TBH.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well he gets locked up till next year

    and look what the toon do, go and equalise against chelsea
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought it was his running around screaming trying to attack everyone and everything that came near him after the initial attack that got him remanded? As in they might need to look at whether he's actually a safe enough person to be on the streets rather than in a hospital.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote: »
    I thought it was his running around screaming trying to attack everyone and everything that came near him after the initial attack that got him remanded?.

    in that case the guy might be better in a psych ward rather than remanded in prison
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,329 The Mix Honorary Guru
    otter wrote: »
    you have to learn to turn the other cheek. its not okay but it is part and parcel of football these days and if a player is unable to deal with that then maybe they shouldn't be in football.

    This type of thing is said way too much. They are in that profession because they are good at football. Thats it. Not because of anything else.

    How can two quite different attributes to someones personality (such as athletic ability and and ability to cope with being famous) be linked together like that?


    (the same applies to anyone else whos famous)

    edit: sorry i missed this post....
    Sorry but that is bollocks. Nurses face abuse and violence every day, should we accept that because it's the profession they are in. Of course not.
    .

    exactly.
Sign In or Register to comment.