Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Virgin Media TV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone with Virgin for their TV?

freeview just isnt cutting it in my area anymore, barely get any channels at all so considering going with Virgin as we already have our internet from them.

So, anyone? Do you have to have the phone service aswell? It's a bit unclear on their website.

Ta.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i know a lot of people who've had problems with the service from them, so although i don't have personal experience i'd be a bit wary
    Virgin aint got a fraction of what Sky has

I think dixons or comets were doing the sky freesat box for £75 - once off payment - that might be a possibility for you. And in the future you can subscribe to get the full whack
    Yeah i've got them, phone tv and internet.

Internet and phone are faultless, I do find their set-top box needs re-booting almost everyday though, tv is fairly unreliable. The stupid thing is, if they let us switch off the box, not only would it save electricity, but i'm pretty sure that turning it off every night would avoid the need for re-booting every day.

Overall though, I think they're ok, i've not found the need to change anyway.
    the major draw to it is the fact it is through cable so no longer do we have to be at the mercy of the signal quality. Do you get any problems that i dont know about, channel loss etc or is it a constant thing (besides the box issues mentioned) ?

Do you have to have the phone as part of the package ? or can you pick and choose?
    We get the phone, TV and internet for £25 a month.

All of them are faultless, you get the basic Freeview TV channels + living, bravo, all the UKTV, paramount, MTV, etc etc and then you choose one package like Film, Sport, and so on.

The selling point for me though has to be the on demand, it's absolutely incredible, you can really watch pretty much any decent think that's been on TV in the past week whenever you want, and there's a huge selection of older stuff (especially from channel 4) so there's absolutely loads to choose from, you get to watch pretty much whatever you want, whenever.

There was a big furore about Sky, but Virgin has Setanta which seems to show an equal amount of football, and it has Setanta Sports News free aswell.

I've been with Virgin / Ntl / Diamond for nearly 10 years and had basically no problems.