Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quilts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want a new quilt for my bed, been sleeping in the spare room which has a duck feather/down quilt and I've been spoilt! Although when I was younger I remember being really annoyed by feathers sticking out of pillows and stabbing me.

I've seen a £40 one in Argos (inc two pillows and a matress protector) but its 100% duck feather. Further up the page are "premium" ones at £70, 20% feather, 80% down. Are they really worth the extra £30? I wouldn't be buying one now at that price, but if the £40 one will be leaving feathers everywhere, I won't bother.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure about the actual contents, but don't forget to check out the big department store sales for cheaper ones.. :)
  • Options
    Just get the ones from Ikea, fuck knows what they are made from, but there well warm and comfortable. :thumb:
  • Options
    catalogue bargain shop tbh.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Just get the ones from Ikea, fuck knows what they are made from, but there well warm and comfortable. :thumb:

:yes: That's where mine is from, and it can't have been too expensive, knowing me.

By the way, the higher the down content, the warmer and less spikey the duvet will be :)
  • Options
    I don't necessarily want a really warm one, I have an electric blanket if I need it, but I liked the extra weight from the feather one.

Will see if I can get over to a department store at some point, problem is the nearest ones are a good 40minute drive away, and the one in town is extremely expensive to begin with. We have a TK Maxx though, I might try there. :thumb:
  • Options
    You could always buy the cheaper one and then take it back if bits stick out of it.