Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Further info on court cases

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm pretty sure a couple of people I was friends with at school have recently been giving evidence at a court case that has been in some of the local and national papers.

Is there any way to find out anything more, or am I limited to what comes up on the online newspaper articles?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can try the local/central library, they often put old papers on microfilm (will take a while to find unless you know the date) or contact the local paper and ask them.

There should be some reference to it on the internet tho.
    Just look at newspaper articles, that sort of thing, or if the case is ongoing pop down to court and watch the proceedings.

Court dealings are a matter of public record but there's not any way of getting documents from the court.
    Can you go and sit in and listen in the court, or is it only press who can do that?
    katralla wrote: »
    Can you go and sit in and listen in the court, or is it only press who can do that?

you can do it as long as its not a closed court - which means only those participating in the case can sit in. courts are public places so anyone can generally sit in and view a court case from the public gallery.
    a quick whisper to the nosey parker that's been sat there forever 'what happened yesterday' might get you gossip then.
    katralla wrote: »
    a quick whisper to the nosey parker that's been sat there forever 'what happened yesterday' might get you gossip then.

apart from your not allowed to talk once you are in there :p
    Unfortunately it's all finished.

The newspaper articles don't match up, and contradict some of what I know is true hence looking for further info. Will be seeing someone who was at a lot of it at some point so just have to wait to then I guess.
    Give the court a call in that case. They will be able to tell you the outcome.