Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

quick question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Only amongst dickheads.
    this waiting rule bollocks is just that - bollocks. Take it how it comes. Don' worry about looking lieke a 'cheap tart' - anybodfy that considers you that just for follwong you heart isn't worth knowing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you're playing rules, play as follows:

- say you meet him on a sat night. A short text on sunday is acceptble but a text convo shouldn't begin until tues or weds. Later and he's being rude. Earlier is bizarrely keen.

- obviously a phone call is better than a text convo as implies a little more urgency, but both are acceptable.

-always leave an hour's gap between his first text and your's - you're a very busy interesting person who has no time to answer the phone! after that leave 15 minutes, and after that i'd make it immediate, because you like him really.

- kissing is fine but i wouldn't go much further IF you're hoping more will come of it. if you're after a ONS then go for it - that's not being a cheap tart, that's being two consenting adults having fun. Doesn't make you look like date material necessarily, though.

Of course if you are very keen bugger the rules and call him ASAP :D

- say you meet him on a sat night. A short text on sunday is acceptble but a text convo shouldn't begin until tues or weds. Later and he's being rude. Earlier is bizarrely keen.

- obviously a phone call is better than a text convo as implies a little more urgency, but both are acceptable.

-always leave an hour's gap between his first text and your's - you're a very busy interesting person who has no time to answer the phone! after that leave 15 minutes, and after that i'd make it immediate, because you like him really.

- kissing is fine but i wouldn't go much further IF you're hoping more will come of it. if you're after a ONS then go for it - that's not being a cheap tart, that's being two consenting adults having fun. Doesn't make you look like date material necessarily, though.

You wouldn't even find this in Cosmo the girls 'bible'. :yeees:

Anyways, judge it on whether he's text you first. But ultimately I'd say 'fuck it' and text the bugger.

Saying that I have been single for about 7 months now, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me. [/self pity] :razz:

I don't know where this is from, but it's stupid.

If I wrote you a text asking you to do something, and you let me wait for one hour, chances are that I already made other plans and you will be at home and miserable.
    Most females are so complicated, there are no rules. Just take it as it comes and how you feel what's right. Jeez! :yeees:
    Well, if I see a girl on a Saturday night, I usually send her a text message about it on Sunday afternoon, or whenever the hangovers have cleared up. :p There's no set rules on this - but if you leave it too late, you might miss your chance!
    A couple of things are bugging me though:
    Did i blow it by being too easy? Was I just used for a good night out?
    You're thinking about this way too much. Being "too easy"? Well, you could have pulled down your knickers and let him have his end away at that alleyway, but you didn't. That would have been what I'd call easy. And used for a good night out? Does it really matter if you were? You got a "good night out" as a result, so either way, what's the problem?
    And lastly, a question for the guys, why the fu*k do you have to say you're gonna call then dont?
    Because some of us are total fuckwits. Next question, please...
    although i appreciate your honesty is not helpful, the rational part of my head is already telling me that, unfortunately if i were being that rational i would be listening to myself.
    All due respect, but what did you want him to say? Yerascrote has never been one to say something just because the other person wants to hear it, and neither should he.
    YOu're right, sorry, nevermind it'll sort itself out.
    lol i don't lift my rules from anywhere but my limited life experience. and they're not stupid. they're three dinner dates this week :p

from the sounds of it I'd wait for him to make the next move. Does depend on the guy though - does he want to be chased, or would he prefer to do the chasing? Sounds like you've given him a couple of chances though, so I'd wait for him.

Did i blow it by being too easy?

No.
    Was I just used for a good night out?

Might be. Maybe not the chivalrous way, but when I'm fueled up I sometimes just look around for a bit of fun, etc. but can't be bothered in the end to really call back as I'm just not interested enough.

Girls do that too,.. so it's not a "boo, men are arses"-thing.

Best thing is to always hope for the best, but expect the least.

This sounds like rubbish to me.
    Well, if I see a girl on a Saturday night, I usually send her a text message about it on Sunday afternoon, or whenever the hangovers have cleared up.

This sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    What will happen will happen. You havent been too easy, you were just having some fun and it takes two to proverbially tango. Anyway if he doesnt call then just accept it and move forward, even if he was after a ONS, at least you got some too!
    so?? any news? I have to say I wouldnt contact him again unless ou hear from him first though... good luck!

first part is reasonable. i'd send something like "hows your head?" and if theres a reply then follow up with a "i had fun, how about you?" etc. playing games by specifically waiting til later in the week is daft tho.

i'd be a bit apprehensive about a phone call, tbh.

pure bullshit. although if it's an instant reply, it's a bit odd.

i'd agree with this, it is slightly offputting (to me, at least) if the girl is too forward.

but whatever, there are no "rules". and even if there was, it's not like we all meet up and decide on what they are.
    any way guys, its been nearly a week so i've kinda given up, he hasn't called and i pretty much doubt he will now. Thanks for all the advice though. x
    Wouldn't wait a WHOLE HOUR to text back !

If somebody texts me I reply when I have thought of something to say back. If I don't like them I won't reply. I think waiting is a bit sad the only time I might wait is if I forget.
    There have been times where ive started writing a text, put the mobile down to do something like stir the food that im cooking, or answer the door, and later on when i pick the phone up, not even a saved draft message, its still on the screen where i was writing it in the first place

Then i think, shit shall i still send it or change it a bit and apologise for being a goon
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I am sorry to hear he didnt text back babe. I have been there so many times before, and you always question whether it was you.

It got so bad I spoke to a male friend of mine about it, and he said I was too nice, I let fellas get what they want and then let them come grovelling back 2 months later without any reply or reason for their rudeness.

Lads, like any of us I suppose can't be arsed with hassle, and if they feel they are being hassled then they will just give up and find something else to latch onto.

I'm not by any means saying you were hassling him, please dont think that with just 2 messages, but perhaps you scared him a bit, when he thought it would be a fuck buddy situation.

Maybe he even had things in his own life to deal with, perhaps he has just split with an ex, still has a gf many possibilities...

God this all makes me sound like a bitch, and I truly dont want to upset you hun.

However after that whole ramble, what you should take from it is it aint your fault, men are cocks! :p
    Bunnie wrote: »
    However after that whole ramble, what you should take from it is it aint your fault, men are cocks! :p
    You're only saying that because yours has buggered off down the pub for the afternoon. :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    You're only saying that because yours has buggered off down the pub for the afternoon. :p

AND is demanding that I go to pick him up :rolleyes:
    AND is demanding that I go to pick him up :rolleyes:
    Already drunk, and it's not even 5pm. :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Already drunk, and it's not even 5pm. :p

You're telling me! I am sober as I have to DRIVE!!!!!!

Anyways, lets stop hi-jacking Cass' thread!
    it aint your fault, men are cocks! :p

Spot on :thumb: :)
    Nikki* wrote: »
    Spot on :thumb: :)
    And you women are all moody bitches.

:p