Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

white xmas!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So does any1 expect to have a white xmas this year?
Im in edinburgh so theres a chance but not much of 1,we've not really had any snow yet but here's hoping.

Comments

• Options
    Nope. I live in an area where the conditions just dont allow for snow. North of the downs you get it but when your between the downs and the channel the sea air stops its lying.
  • Options
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    So does any1 expect to have a white xmas this year?
    Im in edinburgh so theres a chance but not much of 1,we've not really had any snow yet but here's hoping.

What ya talking about it's white everywhere I look .. :)
  • Options
    nope, would like it to snow soon though so I can make another big snowman.
  • Options
    Nope. I live in an area where the conditions just dont allow for snow. North of the downs you get it but when your between the downs and the channel the sea air stops its lying.

I live just north of the downs, but still....no way hosay! We get snow in January sometimes.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I live just north of the downs, but still....no way hosay! We get snow in January sometimes.

I used to work just north of the downs and the snow did used to lay quite well. We get laying snow every 5/6 years. :( Being able to see the snow on the downs from my front garden doesnt help!
  • Options
    i'm in a part of london that seems to have snow all the time in winter, so maybe
  • Options
    I used to work just north of the downs and the snow did used to lay quite well. We get laying snow every 5/6 years. :( Being able to see the snow on the downs from my front garden doesnt help!

Yeah it does lay quite well, when it actually snows! I love going outside when it's snowing and looking over at the downs, they look like mountains in the snow.
  • Options
    I'm going to put £2 on it being a white xmas :p. Not because I think it will be, I just like to be optimistic. Certainly we have the temperatures for ice, it's whether we get the precipitation and or pressures that are needed too. (I always wondered how you got rain when it was below freezing anyway)
  • Options
    It would be nice :) But I don't think so, it rarely snows heavily here - being close to the sea and everything..
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nah, snow is very rare here... Last year it snowed, but no layer.
    It sucks, because winter has only one good thing and that's snow :(
  • Options
    white christmas=no way
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Not much chance I dont think.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    At the moment I am looking at a wet Christmas.