Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who's got fog?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
really thick here

Comments

• Options
    we have here.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    We had some the other night but perfect visibility and bright sunshine here!
  • Options
    It's sunny and clear here :D
  • Options
    Sunny & Clear here, although its fucking freezing. :thumb:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I don't seem to, but then I'm in town

We had it quite bad yesterday, we had to hold over the airport for about 30 minutes before we could land and the day previous to that we had to divert from Southampton to land in Bournemouth instead

what happens to the passengers when that happens - do they get a free lift to where they're supposed to be?
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    what happens to the passengers when that happens - do they get a free lift to where they're supposed to be?

Usually, unless your flying Ryanair. Then aslong as your within 500 miles of your destination, 'your close enough' :D
  • Options
    We have frost but no fog.. it's been frosty since Friday now though so it's nothing new
  • Options
    still loads of fog here
  • Options
    Yeah we've had loads of really thick fog for the last couple of days, it's been quite creepy.
    Yesterday there was a ring of fog going all accross the golfcourse where I work/next to where I live and it looked beautiful, there was a herd of deer running through it too.
  • Options
    Been lovely and sunny all day here :)
  • Options
    Fog was hideous on the M61 this morning, but clear around Manchester for once. Which is odd considering the amount of cars I have to fight past queueing for the trafford centre and the amount of fumes they must be giving off!
  • Options
    me
  • Options
    it's less than 50m visablity here, i think they have canceled some flights at city airport
  • Options
    It been foggy on and off all day. At one point it went from good visability to bugger all in about ten minutes.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We drove from Sheffield to London today and then returned this evening. Visibility was so poor in the morning. It was better this evening but still crap.
  • Options
    Why couldn't BAA Staff chosen today to strike ..

Fog halts seasonal getaway

Passengers hoping to make a Christmas getaway are facing serious delays after thick fog caused numerous flight cancellations at Britain's busiest airports.

Heathrow has been forced to cancel 69 flights, the majority to short haul or domestic destinations. Many more flights were delayed.
    A total of 30, mainly British Airways flights, were cancelled at Terminal 1.
    At Terminal 2 there were 21 cancellations, 17 at Terminal 4 and just one at Terminal 3.

An airport spokesman said: "Our message to passengers is to check with your airline in advance.
    "The cancellations are all fog related. Everything at the terminals appears to be running smoothly."

A total of 181,000 people are expected to fly in and out of the airport.
    At Gatwick 10 BA flights and five Easyjet flights were cancelled, again with many more delayed. A spokeswoman for the airport said: "There have been some cancellations, but there is not a big problem with delays."
    City Airport in London said no flights had been able to take off or land all day due to heavy fog.

Approximately 30 flights had been due to arrive or depart, a spokeswoman said. "We have had no flights at all, in or out of the airport because of the weather. Conditions are not improving at the moment, there is very heavy fog and we are trying to book passengers on to other flights," she said.
  • Options
    Yep, been foggy all day.
  • Options
    Foggy for me too! when i went to work this morning i couldnt even see as far as my headlight beams! it was horrible :(

i was driving slowly cos i couldnt see and some idoit was right on my bumper!
  • Options
    Check out Canary Wharf today

canarywarf2312_800x490.jpg