Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Leaving before Xmas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Basically I feel really uncomfortable and unhappy being home (I'm a student)... Last time I was home I started to feel suicidal after a few days. I don't know what it is, but I hate it.

Anyway, the shit is about to hit the fan, everything's changing and I'm considering going home before Christmas... But on the other hand, I'm worried that'd hurt my Mum as I've been back one day only. I know things are changing and things always go bad for her and my stepdad's a fucking cunt and it's no wonder he has no friends. She's being weird. I just want to put my head in the sand and pretend I don't have a family.

There's no train until 28th after Christmas... I hate it here, I hate it so bad it makes me feel sick.

Would it be shit of me to go home on the weekend? I could lie and make an excuse up about studying.

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    All services are restored on the 27th. Im sure your mum would appreciate seeing you, its only one a year!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    JsT wrote: »
    All services are restored on the 27th. Im sure your mum would appreciate seeing you, its only one a year!
    But staying until the 27th scares me... Literally. I can't be here... And I don't know why.

It's fucked up because I'm a healthy and confident person, but I don't feel safe at home, or happy.
    Do you have any friends nearby, you could stay with?

Maybe talk to you mum and explain how uncomfortable it makes you feel to stay there. She might understand. I'm sure she would appreciate you making the effort and being around at Christmas, even if you have to stay nearby at a friends or hotel.
    Calvin wrote: »
    Do you have any friends nearby, you could stay with?

Maybe talk to you mum and explain how uncomfortable it makes you feel to stay there. She might understand. I'm sure she would appreciate you making the effort and being around at Christmas, even if you have to stay nearby at a friends or hotel.
    May do... I'll see how things go. To be honest, this is my stepdad's doing and he's just being a child and not helping himself. I guess my Mum's just dealing with things the best she can (and I'm being selfish yet again by letting it affect me).

Maybe I should stick around because Mum was saying today how much she's looking forward to Christmas because my stepdad will have moved out and we'll be together as a family and able to do what we want...

God... Famlies are such stress innit. :crazyeyes
    Yep would help if people were taught basic parenting and communications skills at school.

Then in a generation's time we might have a happier nation.

I say stick it out - assuming you're not really in any kind of real danger.
    what do you think would happen if you told your mum how you were feeling?
    How desperate it was making you feel.
    What day is your stepdad supposedly moving out? Are you feeling unsure its going to happen?
    Stick around til the 27th then go back if you really don't like being there. No point putting yourself through something you don't enjoy.

Maybe you could take your mum out for a drink or something though so you still spend time with her and have a chat about why you don't like staying there.
    what do you think would happen if you told your mum how you were feeling?
    Because I'm an adult and it isn't about me.

I feel a bit safer though, that he's not around so much and is moving out. I know it sounds harsh, but he creeps me out and makes me feel sick. I'm not surprised that he'd been lying for years.

I think... I hope Mum will be less stressed... However, if she knows I am stressed she will blame herself. She kind of amplifies any potential mental health problem I may have for some weird reason. Like she thought I had OCD... Yeah, right. She always blames herself though.
    What day is your stepdad supposedly moving out? Are you feeling unsure its going to happen?
    No, it will happen. He's gonna be away during Christmas, even though he's being a baby about it. Good.
    Stick around til the 27th then go back if you really don't like being there. No point putting yourself through something you don't enjoy.

Maybe you could take your mum out for a drink or something though so you still spend time with her and have a chat about why you don't like staying there.
    Mum won't go out this time of year.
    i'd say just do whatever YOU want to do - simple as.
    what about chaos - can you spend some time with him instead of around the rest of them?