Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Date the bald man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do women find bald men attractive?

I have read comments before by women in their mid thirties and forties, saying they find bald men very attractive. But what about younger women 19 to 30. A lot of men start going bald when they a 19, 20. It's not too good if only women nearly 10 years older find it attractive.

I have also read comments like: I really like the shaved look, not the balding/horseshoe look and often people when they are saying they find the bald look sexy are refering to the shaved look with a normal hairline.

Comments like: Yeah I find bald guys attractive, but they have to have the right shape head or a lovely smile, nice teeth eyes etc...

Comments like: As long as they have a good personality, sense of humour and they are confident then it doesent matter.

So guys if your bald, you have to have the right shaped head, have a good set of teeth and smile, a good personality, nice eyes, a great body and basically be perfect in everyway apart from your baldness.

I consider myself to have at least some of the above attributes, but when I get eye contact with beautiful women they expression turns to a discusted look or they look away, with a sort of NO WAY look on their face.

Women between 19 and 32. If you had two equally attractive guys with good personalities and confidence. Would you go for the shaved balding guy or the guy with hair and why?

Comments

• Options
    there is a lot more to finding someone attractive than just their hair or lack of it imo
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    there is a lot more to finding someone attractive than just their hair or lack of it imo

Agreed.

And the 'equally xzy guys EXCEPT' thing doesn't work because there are no two guys the same.
  • Options
    There are no two guys the same is obvious. It was in the context of two guys equally as attractive in your opinion.
  • Options
    My boyfriend is baldy (partly nature, partly choice) so obviously it doesn't put me off. Lots of my friends and people I know of a similar age (25-30ish) are the same.

I think some girls would have a strong opinion either away, but I think for most, especially as you get a bit older and a good proportion of guys are losing their hair, it just isn't a deciding factor.
  • Options
    Was he baldy before you met him?
  • Options
    carter1975 wrote: »
    Was he baldy before you met him?

Yep.

I knew him for a while before we got together, and watched him gradually balden. Still neither here nor there!
  • Options
    So he wasn't bald before you met him then, but baldy when you got together. Sounds like you have a good attitude, your guy is a lucky man. I like the way you put "watched him gradually balden" hehe
  • Options
    baldness is not a deciding factor, I find with or without hair attractive. If you are thinking about your lack of hair making you unnattractive, that's the quality you will exude, try to think about a quality that makes you feel attractive.
  • Options
    bruce_willis.jpgbruce-willis.jpgbalding and bald :yum:

But as others have said, its not a deciding factor and it depends. Some look hot, others look like chemo patients. My boyfriends got the receiding hairline going quite well, and he denies it but the crown is missing some hair too, hes no bruce willis but I like him anyways ;)
  • Options
    if a guy is balding, hes best shaving his head cos thats attractive but trying to keep the hair whilst its clearly receding badly dont look so good.
  • Options
    if a guy is balding, hes best shaving his head cos thats attractive but trying to keep the hair whilst its clearly receding badly dont look so good.

I agree with that. Although depends how badly he's balding.... A little bald patch is OK.
  • Options
    :yes: A bald head on even the lumpiest palest head looks better than that horeshoe of hair look :p
  • Options
    although i must admit, Kevin Spacey still looks hot and hes receding and hasnt shaved it
    LosingHair.jpg
  • Options
    nop wouldn't put me off if other factors are right, but it does suit some guys better than others. I do like my man to have hair though as I enjoy playing with it.
  • Options
    My old geography teacher had a shaved head and he was really yummy he was only 23/24 aswell. It works for some guys really well, but you need the right shape head and features.
  • Options
    There are no two guys the same is obvious. It was in the context of two guys equally as attractive in your opinion.

What you're saying is still the same scenario pretty much.

Equally attractive? Then it wouldn't matter I could just do 'eenie meenie minie mo...' and see which one gets chosen.

I never judge scenarios like these until I've actually got them in flesh and blood. Never thought I'd be into people with 'disfiguration' but ended up having the hots for a man with a huge scar down his face. Very obvious when you saw him. Also never thought I'd do older men, found one 11 years older.

Life's full of surprises. I can say 'I'd never' (and have done many times) but it doesn't mean anything when push comes to shove.

Self confidence is the key. I've been keen on all sorts of men in all shapes and sizes and normally what unites them is self confidence. Lack thereof is something you spot almost immediately and it sticks out far more than a balding head or a receeding hairline.
  • Options
    Well, it depends whether you'd go out with this man...

jim.jpg

:p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »

jim.jpg

:p

now i see why you neva get laid.
  • Options
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    Oh dear. You don't know who he is, do you?
  • Options

I'd do him over a 20yr old scrawny wimp with a full head of hair any day.
  • Options
    My fella is going bald, he doesnt like it but i dont mind, he was going bald when i met him............i think its kind of attractive in a weird way hehe
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I'd do him over a 20yr old scrawny wimp with a full head of hair any day.
    I'm sure Jim V will be pleased to hear that... :p
    See Youthnet staff page.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    cassidy04 wrote: »
    Careful, you might get banned and reported to your ISP for criminal activites you never took part in :p
  • Options
    Oh dear. You don't know who he is, do you?

sorry i got it wrong this is why u neva get laid.
  • Options
    bruce_willis.jpgbruce-willis.jpgbalding and bald :yum:

But as others have said, its not a deciding factor and it depends. Some look hot, others look like chemo patients. My boyfriends got the receiding hairline going quite well, and he denies it but the crown is missing some hair too, hes no bruce willis but I like him anyways ;)

Ok, so some look like chemo patients. That's a very nice comment for you to make.
  • Options
    ok, so to be bald you must have "the right shape face" "features" etc...?
  • Options
    Actractive in a wierd way? ok.
  • Options
    ok, so to be bald you must have "the right shape face" "features" etc...?

well some people will suit it more than others of course. I think what most people are saying is that even those that dont specifically seek out bald men, they can still think of plenty that are hot and that attraction has many factors involved in it. they wouldnt dismiss someone for being bald at all.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    My old geography teacher had a shaved head and he was really yummy he was only 23/24 aswell. It works for some guys really well, but you need the right shape head and features.

ok, so to be bald you must have the right shape head and features.
  • Options
    yeah i guess if you had a proper cone head it might look a bit weird. Youd be better off with a hat