Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

End of Semester 1

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi

This post isn't so much as a question, but more a point of view that I just wonder whether anyone else shares. I've just finished what is probably, academically, the most difficult 11 weeks of my life. Yet it has been enjoyable and a steep learning curve for my second year at university. 5 exams to sit in January makes for no easy winter, either.

Term only finished Friday. I don't know where October and November went to. Considering the pace of things they seemed like days, not months. But now, now its all over, it seems everything has slowed right back down. It just seems so odd, that most of the people who I've worked with so closely are all going to just.. dissapear home for the next month.

I'd like to wish all of those in the same position good luck with their exams. I'd also just like to state that I am looking forward to being able to show my ability and stand out.. I haven't achieved anything less than 70 in coursework completed but I did find that my hard work to understand any problem got me less of a mark than those that believed in doing the coursework 1 to 2 nights before the deadline, having less understanding but using others to gain knowledge and get better grades- actually doing very little work and extending very little effort, themselves. I don't want to sounds harsh, but I look forward to burying these people in my results from the exams.

Happy revision for the build up to Jan.:)

Steve
Post edited by JustV on